The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#20 Robert Lang 2008-2009

sens27

I think if you add Higgens to that line watch out. They are already causing havoc on many shifs. I like Stopper, but he isn't an offensive player and somehow Lang and Sergei are still finding ways to generate offense with just the two of them. It should be interesting to see what the line can do with another offensive player.

Lang is so good around the net. He is the perfect type of guy to play with speedy fancy wingers because he uses his size and reach to his advantage. Sergei K seems to be doing good with him.

Like I said the day when he got traded to the Habs, I watched all of his goals from last year and most of they are identical to the two he has scored so far for the Habs...All around the net! The guy can just plain out finish.

So far looking like a smart pickup. He's been very solid out there, beautiful passing with Sergei on his goal tonight.

3 games is obviously too early to judge, but in Lang we just might have found the player Gainey appeared to be looking for in Bonk and then later in Smolinski. A guy who can play 3rd role duties but also chip in 50+ points. Lets hope this chemistry with Sergei continues - it could be huge for the younger Kostitsyn, even long after Lang is gone.

3 games is obviously too early to judge, but in Lang we just might have found the player Gainey appeared to be looking for in Bonk and then later in Smolinski. A guy who can play 3rd role duties but also chip in 50+ points. Lets hope this chemistry with Sergei continues - it could be huge for the younger Kostitsyn, even long after Lang is gone.

Ripping shamelessly from Lord of the Rings:

"You might say I am Smolinski. Or rather, I am Smolinski as he should have been."

One thing we know for sure is that Lang knows how to play with the young guns, see Kane & Toews for example.

There's really no reason it wouldn't continue.

Archived