The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#20 Robert Lang 2008-2009

sens27

He's got tons of expierence and that's what our younger guys need, not to mention he's got tons of heart and has been great through the first tiny portion of the season. In the pre-season I said not to judge this guy as it's only the pre-season, yet some seemed to form an opinion on him. With that much expierence he knows not to empty the tank in the pre-season.

Good pick up for the Habs and definately a big step up from Smoke.

One thing we know for sure is that Lang knows how to play with the young guns, see Kane & Toews for example.

There's really no reason it wouldn't continue.

Agreed. I was very happy with this move because of Lang's success among the kids in Chicago and also for his offensive prowess. I will say that there is no reason to say his success these first 3 games wont continue. Its not like Smolinski netting 2 goals and then going quiet for 6 weeks. Lang will do this on a steady basis.

Not only he has scored twice in 3 game.. but what I was impressed with from lastn ight game is how he played the 5-3 in the 1st period. The guy stay for the whole 2mins!! I just loved how he did not move much and just stayed well position to block the passing lanes.

WELL DONE ROBERT!

I knew he was gonna be a great pick.

I would think so, although Smoke was a bit more on the defensive side. What was Langs final faceoff record last night? Last I saw he was 3 for 13 < not very good at all> Hopefully he improved over the course of the night.

Is the oil running out in Alberta or something? That's a second negative comment I'm reading from you in a row... :lol:

Lang owns! ;)

As much as bonk was good here, he was goo on the defensive part of the game, i just finished watching the preds game tonight, they have him in all these Powerplays, and really there go to center, as 30 seconds left, goalie pulled hesout on the ice trying to win the faceoff

Bonk just isnt that sort of player..

Anyways Our boy lang is awsome, He has some great passes,

U guys see that "self pass" He made during the game, totally awsome, He has great hands and vision aswell

that play where he chose to shoot when it was a 3 on 0, it was pretty greedy. I mean he had Kovalev and some other guy he could've passed to for a tic tac toe or something... but he chose to shoot.. and he missed. Eh.

Problem was the D was right in the middle there,

Not to mention lang has a pretty wicked shot

that play where he chose to shoot when it was a 3 on 0, it was pretty greedy. I mean he had Kovalev and some other guy he could've passed to for a tic tac toe or something... but he chose to shoot.. and he missed. Eh.

Actually if you watch the replay he had no choice but to shoot. The defenseman decided to give him the shot and stay in the middle to cut off the pass.

Actually if you watch the replay he had no choice but to shoot. The defenseman decided to give him the shot and stay in the middle to cut off the pass.

yup, and it sort of looks like he possibly tried to fake the pass but it didn't quite workout so it didn't fool thomas...but that cuold have been him just looking to see if he could pass and saw that he couldn't. during the game i was also wondering why he didn't pass but watching the replay when i got home, it could have been risky to pass

After watching three other attempted and failed solo efforts, I still feel the shot was the wrong play. It was a three on one, the odds are that you can come up with something other than a shot that involves the other one or two players in the play. At least shoot it low for a rebound or show some patience if you don't have a good look. It was a decision, he made it, and it didn't work out. I was more disappointed in how little presence he had in this game. I saw a whole lot of his linemates, SK was doing all kinds of things out there and Kostopoulos was a beast all game, but Lang had minimal presence except, perhaps for that one play in overtime.

Not going to crucify him for one game's effort, but I hope it isn't an oft repeated one.

This was not Langs best outing, he was supposed to be one of our go to guys in the faceoff circle, however it seemed like he lost every draw in the defensive end. And on most shifts in the defensive zone coverage he seemed to be lacking the same intensity.

As for his shot on the 3 on one. It is never a mistake to shoot. He does have a great shot...

I think if more of our player s took the shot first approach we would have been up by around 5 or 6 to 0.

Nothing bothers me more then watching one of the habs get into position and then pass it off.

I have been really happy with Langs play. When we get Higgens back Lang will get a better winger to play with Him and S Kostitsyn.

This was not Langs best outing, he was supposed to be one of our go to guys in the faceoff circle, however it seemed like he lost every draw in the defensive end. And on most shifts in the defensive zone coverage he seemed to be lacking the same intensity.

As for his shot on the 3 on one. It is never a mistake to shoot. He does have a great shot...

I think if more of our player s took the shot first approach we would have been up by around 5 or 6 to 0.

Nothing bothers me more then watching one of the habs get into position and then pass it off.

I have been really happy with Langs play. When we get Higgens back Lang will get a better winger to play with Him and S Kostitsyn.

Yeah I think this was Langs worst game. He did have a few good chances to score, but he was uncharacteristicly losing the one on one battles along the boards and in front of the net. In game one I don't think he lost a any of those one on one battles for the puck. I guess you can't be good every game. Hopefully he will have more ups then downs.

Archived