The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Injury Thread 2008-09

franck5890

One game into the pre-season, I wanted to do a quick re-cap.

So Koivu is on the injured list, but we have been told it's simply for precautionary measures. We should see him in the line-up for the season opener.

BGL's situation is a bit more serious. Anyone know if a definite answer has been given about whether he'll be ready for the opener?

And last night I read Hamerlik got injured and left the game. Was the coaching and medical staff being safer than sorry and not returning him, or is this serious? Any news on whether he'll be out for a while, or back tonight?

One game into the pre-season, I wanted to do a quick re-cap.

So Koivu is on the injured list, but we have been told it's simply for precautionary measures. We should see him in the line-up for the season opener.

BGL's situation is a bit more serious. Anyone know if a definite answer has been given about whether he'll be ready for the opener?

And last night I read Hamerlik got injured and left the game. Was the coaching and medical staff being safer than sorry and not returning him, or is this serious? Any news on whether he'll be out for a while, or back tonight?

I believe, thus far, everything is pretty minor. Let's hope they get all of these groin tweaks out of the way before the real season starts. As was with Hamrlik, just let him sit instead of risking anything more serious!

Koivu did not play the first two games due to a foot injury blocking the puck in a game in his native country.

Kovalev got a groin injury and will not play the next game apparently.

I got this from team990.

meh, i dont think its to serious, i belive koivu is fine, they just dont want to rush them back in when pre-season doesnt mean anything.they will be there to start the season dont worry.

Archived