The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Gets The Axe??

Who goes??  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you think will be traded bought out or demoted to get us down to 23 man roster??

• Dandy
    • Chipper
    • Begin
    • Latendresse
    • Kosto.
    • Soupy
    • Lapierre
    • Other

I have a strong feeling it's Dandenault or Chipchura to get the axe.

I was leaning towards Chips myself only because i dont think it will be that easy to move Dandy. I'm also thinking that BG likes the added depth of a guy who can play up front or on D if we run into injuries. IMO Chips gets sent down, but he'll see some action if anybody slumps or gets hurt.

I would be surprised if Dandy is with the team at the end of pre-season. Trade, waiver pickup, or buyout. Don't know the terms of his contract to understand if it has NTC, one-way deal, or other conditions making it difficult to get rid of Dandy. At the end of the season he is UFA so he will be gone then so maybe from a financial point of view looking towards next season it is better to pay the Dandy salary while not on the 23 man roster.

Maybe he will be the surprise of the training camp and pre-season. Just won't bet on Dandy on the 23 man roster.

Of that list, Dandy is probably the most expendeable. Chip is a close second, as he could easily be sent back to the Bulldogs and called up if required. Begin and Kostos roles may be reduced with Laraque's arrival, but I don't see them going anywhere; they are machines on the ice and we will still need them. Lats is firmly entrenched on the roster, and from what I've been reading, he may actually do more good this year. Laps has paid his dues jumping back and forth between Hamilton and Montreal, so he's here to stay, if for no other reason than to annoy Sidney Crosby incessantly. As for Boullion, I just like the guy and want him to stay. He is one of the strongest (physically) players around, and a good asset to have.

I was leaning towards Chips myself only because i dont think it will be that easy to move Dandy. I'm also thinking that BG likes the added depth of a guy who can play up front or on D if we run into injuries. IMO Chips gets sent down, but he'll see some action if anybody slumps or gets hurt.

Both Dandenault and Chipchura won't play in Montreal this year.

I'm still not convinced, that Kosto is a lock.

Am I missing something here. I seem to recall gainey saying the fourth line center role is chipchura's to lose. I also recall watching all 12 of montreal playoff games last year as I saw it Kostopolous and Begin were the most effective players on the ice. the way i see it we waive dandenault and if no one picks him up we send down lappierre to hamilton. lappierre is not gonna play much as hes a role player with out a role to paly

Unless they can find a trading partner for Dandenault or someone else then my vote goes to Chipchura

That would be pretty well my feeling also Regis. I'm not convinced BG actually wants to buy out a guy who can play both D and forward. His versatility makes him an asset. If we still had Streit ( who can do the same) then maybe he would be more apt to go the buyout route, if he cant find a trade partner. So IMO,,,by ruling out a buyout, then i would also say, that unless BG finds a trading partner, he stays and Chipper most likely does one more year in Hamilon (with injury call up time in Montreal).

That would be pretty well my feeling also Regis. I'm not convinced BG actually wants to buy out a guy who can play both D and forward. His versatility makes him an asset. If we still had Streit ( who can do the same) then maybe he would be more apt to go the buyout route, if he cant find a trade partner. So IMO,,,by ruling out a buyout, then i would also say, that unless BG finds a trading partner, he stays and Chipper most likely does one more year in Hamilon (with injury call up time in Montreal).

I've been reminded that the buyout period is over and this is no longer an option.That leaves either trading or waiving Dandy and assigning him to the minors ( dont think BG will do that to the guy) or then putting him on re-entry, hoping somebody claims him (and we pay half his salary).

I would be surprised if Dandy is with the team at the end of pre-season. Trade, waiver pickup, or buyout. Don't know the terms of his contract to understand if it has NTC, one-way deal, or other conditions making it difficult to get rid of Dandy. At the end of the season he is UFA so he will be gone then so maybe from a financial point of view looking towards next season it is better to pay the Dandy salary while not on the 23 man roster.

Maybe he will be the surprise of the training camp and pre-season. Just won't bet on Dandy on the 23 man roster.

I agree. He's only 32 and can play NHL somewhere. Chips would be disappointed with minimal play-time, but no where near Dandy. Dandy was some upset last year; came around after a few days. Time to move Dandy; let him play somewhere. There's enough experience now with the additions off-season, so Chips doesn't stand out as a "rookie" so much.

I've been reminded that the buyout period is over and this is no longer an option.That leaves either trading or waiving Dandy and assigning him to the minors ( dont think BG will do that to the guy) or then putting him on re-entry, hoping somebody claims him (and we pay half his salary).
It would be trade, for minimal return, to a young team that needs to get to min cap. If he goes UFA next season, Habs would get even less in return.

Archived