The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Centennial Jersey

bailey1

I am most definitely getting our 100th year anniversary jersey with the patches on the shoulders.

09allstarlogo.jpgCanadiensCentennialLogo.gif

I'm still not sure which player I would like to get though. I'm going to ponder this until Mid-November...

So far my prefered choices are:

S. Kostitsyn

Brisebois

Chipchura

Kostopoulos

or

Laraque

What do you guys think...and will you be getting the jersey also with a number?

Whatever number Didier Pitre was, plus his name. Pitre was the first player to ever sign with the Canadiens way back in 1909, and... why not? I'm a sucker for old-time hockey. I could go with Newsy Lalonde (number 4) as well since he seems to be the most well known player from that era.

(yeah, those jerseys probably don't exist, but hey, a guy can dream)

As for today's squad, I'd probably take either Sergei Kostitsyn or Kovalev.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got mine. SAKU! It's the Reebok pro type jersey. Got the Centennial and Match des Etoiles patches on Ebay. Jersey stitching cost included all letters including the "C", numbers and the shoulder patches. It looks UNBELIEVABLE!! Best of all the jersey was on sale at my local River City Sports so entire cost including the patches from E bay was less than $200. Much less than what Bell Centre boutique was charging in Nov when I was in town. Look around for some deals on the jerseys or check the boutique as they might be on a reduced price now.

Archived