The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Jeopardy

GIJAYNE

Sorry my friend. :blink:

Next time I will remain ignorantly humble.

On to the next question then. An easy one.

MN Jeopardy 138

There are only two NHL teammates who ever scored over 138 points in the same season.

Who are they and what infamous season did it occur?

Who are Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey during the 1985-86 season?

Correct Admiral.

Can you tell me why the season was special (at least for me some of the old time Habs fans)? B)

Both the Bruins and the Maple Leafs were eliminated in round 1 and the Habs won the Championship... The Mahovlich brothers played for our Habs...

And I'm not certain but was that the year of the "too many men" call that Cherry rants about all the time?

Both the Bruins and the Maple Leafs were eliminated in round 1 and the Habs won the Championship... The Mahovlich brothers played for our Habs...

And I'm not certain but was that the year of the "too many men" call that Cherry rants about all the time?

The "too many men' mistake that cost Cheery his job happened in game semi of the 1979 semi-final playoff series. It was the rising star of a young netminder named Ken Dryden.

Ken Dryden who played only 6 regular season games was called upon to play in net during the playoffs for the Habs over veteran goaltender Rogie Vachon. Montreal faced the heavily favoured Boston Bruins who had 6 players in the top eight of scoring during the regular season. The Habs upset the Bruins winning the series in 7 games, went on to beat Minnesota (in the semi finals) and Tony Esposito (who the Habs lost to Chicago in 1969–70 when he was left unprotected) of the Chicago Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup in 7 games.

The Canadiens made history as the last road team to win a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Final. Dryden won the Conn Smyth Trophy as the playoff MVP (a year before he won the NHL Calder Trophy for top rookie). It was the last game played by Jean Beliveau and marked the beginning of the 1970 Habs Dynasty. :D

The rest is shall we say is "history". ;)

The "too many men' mistake that cost Cheery his job happened in game semi of the 1979 semi-final playoff series. It was the rising star of a young netminder named Ken Dryden.

Ken Dryden who played only 6 regular season games was called upon to play in net during the playoffs for the Habs over veteran goaltender Rogie Vachon. Montreal faced the heavily favoured Boston Bruins who had 6 players in the top eight of scoring during the regular season. The Habs upset the Bruins winning the series in 7 games, went on to beat Minnesota (in the semi finals) and Tony Esposito (who the Habs lost to Chicago in 1969–70 when he was left unprotected) of the Chicago Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup in 7 games.

The Canadiens made history as the last road team to win a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Final. Dryden won the Conn Smyth Trophy as the playoff MVP (a year before he won the NHL Calder Trophy for top rookie). It was the last game played by Jean Beliveau and marked the beginning of the 1970 Habs Dynasty. :D

The rest is shall we say is "history". ;)

You Da man 70... I tried :)

With 1000 apologies for my earlier cerebral flatulation ...

Let's try that again.

MN JEOPARDY 138!

This current Habs player has a career total of 138 goals in the NHL.

If we are talking regular season... who is Roman Hamrlik? But he also scored 22 playoff goals so this could be wrong.

If we are talking regular season... who is Roman Hamrlik? But he also scored 22 playoff goals so this could be wrong.

C'est bon, ca.

Pardon the lack of clarity. After dropping the ball on my first attempt at a question, I was just trying to get another one up as quick as possible.

And to you.

MN JEOPARDY 138...

3 Habs Goalies... 1) 1 Roger Crozier, 2) 3 Vezinas, 3) 8 awards (3 Vezinas, 3 Jennings and 2 Conn Smythe)

This is a bit of a stumper with the 8 awards portion.

Theodore and Huet each won the Roger Crozier Saving Grace Award (introduced in the 1999-2000 season).

The Conn Smyth trophy (introduced into the NHL in 1964) was won by Dryden (once) and Roy (3 times). However Roy and Dryden each won the Vezina and Jennings trophies multiple times.

This is a bit of a stumper with the 8 awards portion.

Theodore and Huet each won the Roger Crozier Saving Grace Award (introduced in the 1999-2000 season).

The Conn Smyth trophy (introduced into the NHL in 1964) was won by Dryden (once) and Roy (3 times). However Roy and Dryden each won the Vezina and Jennings trophies multiple times.

Huet yes... Roy 2 times as a Hab :) Wasn't aware of Theo's Crozier... One missing (not Dryden) :(

Archived