The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn - The Countdown

GIJAYNE

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.23:

We have got 2 bonuses yesterday. There are no bonuses left for tonight.

A loss in regulation to Carolina would give us the only chance for a bonus tomorrow. Otherwise there are no bonuses till Wednesday.

Either loser of the Tampa vs New Jersey game will also help our cause, but in slightly different manner. If Tampa loses, a loss to Buffalo in regulation on Wednesday would bring 2 bonuses vs just 1 bonus. If Jersey loses, Jersey will join the list of teams close to the playoffs borderline or, in other words, the list of bonus-cow teams, increasing chances for bonuses in the long run.

MN pace - 2.3 points per habs game

MN on Oct. 31 was - 141 (drop by 24 in 9 games, pace 2.67)

Current MN - 121 (drop by 20 in 10 games in November, pace 2.00)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.24:

Carolina lost yesterday. Therefore we can get a bonus tonight if they lose again.

...1 bonus - if Carolina loses to Florida in regulation

Current MN - 121 (drop by 20 in 10 games in November, pace 2.00)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

Press refresh button to see updated images above. And below is a little bit of history to compare the current situation with the situation a year ago.

History - Habs situation in 2007 after game #20:

MN 120 (+1), points 25 (-1), NL 7.5 (+1). They occupied 4th (=) place in the East in the NL standings.

Ottawa, the team #1 by that time, played 19 games with 32 points and 3.0 NL.

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.25:

There are no bonuses for tonight.

Current MN - 119 (drop by 22 in 11 games in November, pace 2.00)

I haven't posted in this particular part of our safe haven for a while. So thought I should.

Couldn't think what to say, but then noticed that there's no EPD in the candyman's table.

I know it's far far too early in the season for there to be one, but, dear friends, I have a date and, on my basis (which differs slightly from that of chocolate and HLD) that date is March 21, 2009.

And who, I hear you ask, is our opponent on that date? Dear friends, it is none other than the team whose name, when mentioned, always makes the re-emergence of my last meal a distinct possibility. The calendar on my desk for November shows a selection of rather brown ones hanging down and ready to drop off. Let's give them a push, eh.

:D

Hey CH, your date is not much different from my estimates. And if Montreal wins today (which is tough, but possible IMO) my date will be March 21st. What is more, the date for the next important MN (in the NO-GO category) is also close to that eventful game. I think we have to start collecting money to ensure HTL's presence on the MN party ...

Hey CH, your date is not much different from my estimates. And if Montreal wins today (which is tough, but possible IMO) my date will be March 21st. What is more, the date for the next important MN (in the NO-GO category) is also close to that eventful game. I think we have to start collecting money to ensure HTL's presence on the MN party ...

:lol:

Make it a big collection and I'll be able to pick him up on my way through... ;)

Doing it for the 'Teus almost worked last time. Against Detroit, more firepower will be needed. So, let's do it for the 'Teus, the 'Dags, the 'Zee, the 'Colate, the 'Gurl, the 'Mara, the 'W6'er, the Hice, the Lion, and of course the venerable Hatethoseleafszer.

Go Habs GO!!! Let kick some Detroit butt!!!

hey Choc or Dags after xmas if its possible you should have the EPD number in the table if its not too much work

It would any additional work for me Onzeee. In fact these calculations are already in my spreadsheet. The problem is that so early in the season the value of the EPD is too volatile. I.e. it moves weeks back and forth with each habs game depending on the result. I am planning to start post it daily on February. Right now I post it monthly when I show "pace" standings at the end of each month. You can see the one for November next week.

At the moment I put the EPD to the MN table as an answer to CH wondering about March 21st. If you press refresh button while looking to the post with my "old style" tables you will see it. I will keep it for a while.

Doing it for the 'Teus almost worked last time. Against Detroit, more firepower will be needed. So, let's do it for the 'Teus, the 'Dags, the 'Zee, the 'Colate, the 'Gurl, the 'Mara, the 'W6'er, the Hice, the Lion, and of course the venerable Hatethoseleafszer.

It looks like you have a pretty powerful way of praying! Why would I ask you why?

Whatever works . ;):D

I would like to submit the following scouting report......

Despite the fact the puck has not been bouncing for the boys and despite the fact we are on the road and despite the fact we will be facing the defending Cup Champions and aknowleging the possibility that Frazier will most likely be assigned tonights game ( just a feeling) i would like to report.....

HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

And who says scouting reports are useless? :P

It would any additional work for me Onzeee. In fact these calculations are already in my spreadsheet. The problem is that so early in the season the value of the EPD is too volatile. I.e. it moves weeks back and forth with each habs game depending on the result. I am planning to start post it daily on February. Right now I post it monthly when I show "pace" standings at the end of each month. You can see the one for November next week.

At the moment I put the EPD to the MN table as an answer to CH wondering about March 21st. If you press refresh button while looking to the post with my "old style" tables you will see it. I will keep it for a while.

It looks like you have a pretty powerful way of praying! Why would I ask you why?

As always, why ask Y? :) I learned how to pray from MC Hammer. He told me that I have to pray. I have to pray every day. Just to make it today. I have to pray that the Habs will play. So, I pray.

Yes, the "Do it for the MN'ers" is pretty powerful stuff. Bring on the Caps!!!

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.27:

Great night! 4 MN points are off, 4 conference/division MN points are off. We got them all. There are no bonuses left for tonight.

Ottawa has to loose tonight in order to have any chance for bonuses tomorrow.

The overall MN pace is up. The November MN pace is finally above 2.0.

MN pace - 2.4 points per habs game

Current MN - 115 (drop by 26 in 12 games in November, pace 2.17)

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.27:

Great night! 4 MN points are off, 4 conference/division MN points are off. We got them all. There are no bonuses left for tonight.

Ottawa has to loose tonight in order to have any chance for bonuses tomorrow.

The overall MN pace is up. The November MN pace is finally above 2.0.

nothing like a DOUBLE 4 point night to get things going. ;)

happy american turkey day to anybody south of the border reading and posting!

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.28:

Ottawa won yesterday. Therefore there are no bonuses tonight.

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.29:

Carolina and Buffalo won yesterday. Therefore there are no bonuses tonight. There will not be bonuses tomorrow if Ottawa wins today. Buffalo's loss will be beneficial for short and long term bonuses (besides all other obvious reasons). So, if both Ottawa and Buffalo don't lose tonight there will be no bonuses till Wednesday. And even on Wednesday the chances for bonuses would be very slim.

Current MN - 115 (drop by 26 in 13 games in November, pace 2.00)

Archived