...... Washington loses to Nashville in regulation

...1 bonus - likely - if any of the following 4 happen:

...... Toronto loses to Tampa

...... Boston loses to Vancouver

...... Washington loses to Nashville

...... Pittsburgh loses to San Jose in regulation

HLD_sig.jpg

DO IT FOR THE TEUS’

Mateus is back and can watch the game in peace with no guilty conscience. So go out there and give us lots of goals to watch…or so help me… angry_homer_simpson.jpg

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 28

POST.jpg

*sigh*

add a beer to the incumbering list of IODagz :lol:;)

good game to one and all and to all a good w00t!

THESE KIDS ARE GOING TO KILL ME BEFORE I EVER GRADUATE!!!

wow...bleh game but what a finish!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

A big w00t to my General! You are sure did not miss all those empty net misses. We are certainly need an UPDATE to see these 3 points out of the MN count!

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.29:

No bonuses are available for tonight. A loss to Toronto, though, increases chances for 2 bonuses tomorrow.

HLD_sig.jpg

IT’S MY FAULT IT’S SNOWING, BUT IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHEMISTRY

My apologies MN-Nation…I am the one responsible for the snow. I had my winter tires installed on the car yesterday, winterised my car (which is a fancy way of saying I threw my brush and scraper on the back seat), set-up my Tempo, and BOOM! Snow. I feel aright about it knowing that I am ready for the winter, but I am sure I have burdened many of you who are yet to tackle the winterizing issues around the house and the car.

To make up for the white stuff, I struck a deal with the All Might Sponge Bob. He told me the HABS were poised to loose the game against the Canes, because they were unable to give as a team, and this will lead to failures in the transition game, defensive end as well as turn-over’s in all three zones of the arena. The big yellow porous guy owes me one so he said he’d hook us up with another “phew…at least we got the two points” win, like a few other we already got in this early season.

I’m not worried about the team performing, but I am beginning to wonder when the team will get going. It’s a chemistry thing IMHO, and once the chemistry is there, the passes will be crisp, which will help the transition game and allow our defence-men to NOT look like a bunch of McCabe’s on the ice. The chemistry will alos help our special teams, especially on the scoring end. The chemistry is what this team is missing, and perhaps it has to do with all the attention around the centennial celebrations. It can, and most probably is, a major distraction to the locker room. Furthermore, the media pinned them as the Eastern Champions before the puck even dropped, so I can imagine it would be fairly difficult to remain in “the here and now” and remain focussed on the game.

We couldn’t have asked for better role models for the locker room than Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Kirk Muller and Doug Jarvis in helping them stay focussed on the game instead of the media and marketing circus happening around them for our entertainment. Such is the plight of a professional athlete competing in a town where the team surpassed all major religions in the hierarchy rector scale, but it is an issue that must be tackled none the less.

In the meanwhile I’m happy we’re on the receiving end of the two points, because we just as easily could have been 3-4-1. Hopefully a nice road trip will help the boys come together, away from all the distractions that Montreal throws their way.

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 29, 2008:

POST.jpg

HLD_sig.jpg

My apologies MN-Nation…I am the one responsible for the snow. I had my winter tires installed on the car yesterday, winterised my car (which is a fancy way of saying I threw my brush and scraper on the back seat), set-up my Tempo, and BOOM! Snow. I feel aright about it knowing that I am ready for the winter, but I am sure I have burdened many of you who are yet to tackle the winterizing issues around the house and the car.

To make up for the white stuff, I struck a deal with the All Might Sponge Bob. He told me the HABS were poised to loose the game against the Canes, because they were unable to give as a team, and this will lead to failures in the transition game, defensive end as well as turn-over’s in all three zones of the arena. The big yellow porous guy owes me one so he said he’d hook us up with another “phew…at least we got the two points” win, like a few other we already got in this early season.

I’m not worried about the team performing, but I am beginning to wonder when the team will get going. It’s a chemistry thing IMHO, and once the chemistry is there, the passes will be crisp, which will help the transition game and allow our defence-men to NOT look like a bunch of McCabe’s on the ice. The chemistry will alos help our special teams, especially on the scoring end. The chemistry is what this team is missing, and perhaps it has to do with all the attention around the centennial celebrations. It can, and most probably is, a major distraction to the locker room. Furthermore, the media pinned them as the Eastern Champions before the puck even dropped, so I can imagine it would be fairly difficult to remain in “the here and now” and remain focussed on the game.

We couldn’t have asked for better role models for the locker room than Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Kirk Muller and Doug Jarvis in helping them stay focussed on the game instead of the media and marketing circus happening around them for our entertainment. Such is the plight of a professional athlete competing in a town where the team surpassed all major religions in the hierarchy rector scale, but it is an issue that must be tackled none the less.

In the meanwhile I’m happy we’re on the receiving end of the two points, because we just as easily could have been 3-4-1. Hopefully a nice road trip will help the boys come together, away from all the distractions that Montreal throws their way.

POST.jpg

NL STANDINGS a little out of wack HLD :lol: Good Morning :D

HLD_sig.jpg

POST.jpg

definatly a great update!

the way i see it, it might be that time to give a little line shaking some help. we saw it in OT: koivu-higgins, lang-kovy, lapierre-latendresse. there are some paring son this team that still do work wonders together, and lets face it some parings that the opposition is expecting to see.

this team has depth, mr Gainey made sure of that!

its got coaching: carbo and muller know what there doing!

the team has talent! if its chemistry it needs, shake things up early in the season and see what comes of it. we know these boys can lose a few straight but we also know they can win a lot more in a row, i guess it all depends in if the coaching staff is willing to risk that step back for the 2 strides forward it could give out in the end.

a TO loss could bring bonuses huh? dont you just LOVE those days :D

Yes... I see it too, but the NL Standings are still not correct...?

R U Sure? I see the new one. Maybe you refreshed asit was loading to photobucket...

Man computers are loopy today. FLying Lion can't see the updated sig, and brian can't see the table :( DAMN YOU BILL!!! :angry::lol:

One mistake i see in the NL standings is in the games played section. Shows the NYR as having only played 6 to our 7. ( i have refreshed several times)

Is this what you see Dags???

HLD_sig.jpg

POST.jpg

One mistake i see in the NL standings is in the games played section. Shows the NYR as having only played 6 to our 7. ( i have refreshed several times)

Is this what you see Dags???

I see 8 games for us and 12 for NYR :( What is going on ???? Anyone have any ideas? Here's a directl link to the table:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i299/serendag/POST.jpg

I just logged out and back in and then refreshed and its working now. ;)

AHA! :o Maybe that's the final cure. Brian, maybe if you log out and back in...

I thought of something else that could cause the problem. Maybe one needs to clear the cache. Perhaps this hapenned when you logged out and back in HTL.

HLD_sig.jpg

AROU YOU READY TO KOIVU?!

Sweet…two brothers, the captains of their respective teams, facing off against each other tonight (starting from the opening face off I presume) in the NHL. Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall during the Koivu’s Christmas get together this year. This game has bragging right written all over it. The team who wins will crown one brother as superior to the other, so we can expect both Koivu’s to play at the top of their game. This could potentially be a good thing for us, if the young Koivu lets his emotions get the better of him, and tries to attack too much, thus opening the crap trap game Minnesota likes to curse the world with.

We have had difficulty last year against teams that play this style of game, and are repeating the same patter this year. I will be hoping in a pessimistic fashion that we can not only deal with this style of game, but dominate it. The key is to score the first goal and score on the power plays, thus forcing the opposing crap trap to open up in an attempt to increase scoring chances. Our problem of course has been to score first and on the power play. Here’s hoping we can win this one without chewing through what little remains I have on my finger nails.

PS Some members have been having trouble refreshing the MN Table and NL standings. If the refresh button doesn’t fix it, we found that logging off and back on to the forum helps fix the problem.

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 30, 2008:

POST.jpg

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.30:

...1 bonus - likely - if any of the following 3 happen:

...... Florida loses to Ottawa

...... Pittsburgh loses to Poenix

...... Boston loses to Calgary in regulation

...2 bonuses - unlikely - if all of the following 4 happen:

...... Florida loses to Ottawa in regulation

...... Pittsburgh loses to Poenix in regulation

...... Tampa loses to Buffalo

...... Philadelphia loses to Islanders

All is good by me now... but what about the Nutter who sees nuttin :lol:

Nutter sees lots of tings now. Bell (Centre)s before my eyes. Lots of tings. ting tings, infact (they're a great band, by the way). Doesn't Lord Stanley's little mug go ting?

As I'm at home, my cache isn't hidden and it all looks fine by me. See, you doubters of HLD, he's never, but never wrong!

:D

Archived