The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn - The Countdown

GIJAYNE

This is gonna be another LOOOONNNNNGGGGG week. Thank god we at least have the bonusses to look forward to. Keep em comming Choc. ;)

We got the bonus today. Toronto lost . Unfortunately it there are no playoffs bonuses available for tomorrow.

Though, there are good chance for other bonuses. Namely this could be a time for division bonuses if Buffalo loses to New Jersey and for home-ice bonus if this game ends in regulation.

HLD_sig.jpg

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No HABS games till Friday. Are you kidding me? How is a mere mortal supposed to withstand such torture? I’m yet to recover from the previous week’s long break. And this one is longer…Go suck a lemon Mr. Buttman…go suck a lemon. And I’ll continue to take out my mental aggression out on Chris Lee.

HLD_HomerChokingChrisLeecopy.jpg

NL STANDINGS NOVEMBER 3, 2008:

POST.jpg

Dags as I said in the last gamethread

"who comes up with these schedules?" Instead of having a month where we play back to back games every week we could have spread these games out so there wouldn't be a need for so many back to back games.

but hey I am sure the people running this show are all qualified and what not :rolleyes:;)

but hey I am sure the people running this show are all qualified and what not :rolleyes:;)

Not to mention how much they get paid for the privilege... <_<

I don't know how I'm going to survive this week. I might actually have time to (gasp!) get some homework done! What is this world coming to?

"who comes up with these schedules?" Instead of having a month where we play back to back games every week we could have spread these games out so there wouldn't be a need for so many back to back games.

Oh yeah...as qualified as a monkey running a nuclear sub :lol:

Not to mention how much they get paid for the privilege... <_<

I don't know how I'm going to survive this week. I might actually have time to (gasp!) get some homework done! What is this world coming to?

NOoooooooooooooo!!!! That's a tragedy indeed :P

The worst part about this weeks schedule is i have to work Friday night and will miss the game. Absolutely brutal. No hockey for me till Saturday. :blink::angry:

:lol: I will relish this fact, while I mustard the dog... the layoff of course (...well sort of... then again :))... okay! not the fact that you will miss the game on Fries-day

Can't you record the game on your PVR... what? Don't have one? As a Habs fan its my opin-onion that you (particularily you) seem to need one...

You can always watch the game on NHL.Com... after the fact methinks.

WOOF!!!

:lol: I will relish this fact, while I mustard the dog... the layoff of course (...well sort of... then again :))... okay! not the fact that you will miss the game on Fries-day

Can't you record the game on your PVR... what? Don't have one? As a Habs fan its my opin-onion that you (particularily you) seem to need one...

You can always watch the game on NHL.Com... after the fact methinks.

WOOF!!!

Yeah,,,i got one of those things. Not the same though. Its like eating the dog ( no offence Smiegs :lol: )without the bun. I'll be home in time to watch it on express ( which i like to do even if i've already seen the game). I'll suffer through it i guess. They better cream some Leafs on Saturday to make it up to me. ;):lol:

Yeah,,,i got one of those things. Not the same though. Its like eating the dog ( no offence Smiegs :lol: )without the bun. I'll be home in time to watch it on express ( which i like to do even if i've already seen the game). I'll suffer through it i guess. They better cream some Leafs on Saturday to make it up to me. ;):lol:
How do you cream a "Leaf" (wait don't answer that... there are ears on hear that may not be able to take it)... I hope they rake them over some coals... then again I'm into mulching...

The worst part about this weeks schedule is i have to work Friday night and will miss the game. Absolutely brutal. No hockey for me till Saturday. :blink::angry:

I feel your pain: I'm missing Friday's game (Hedley show and then a friend's welcome home party) AND Saturday's game (a family function that I absolutely cannot miss, and there will not be a tv in sight) I've already lined some of my friends up to text me the scores as the games progress... still not the same though... :angry:

well at least the schedule guy didnt pencil us in on dec 23rd this year lol

I feel your pain: I'm missing Friday's game (Hedley show and then a friend's welcome home party) AND Saturday's game (a family function that I absolutely cannot miss, and there will not be a tv in sight) I've already lined some of my friends up to text me the scores as the games progress... still not the same though... :angry:

wow that must be a BIGGG family function

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.04:

...1 bonus - if Washington loses to Ottawa in regulation

MN pace - 2.7 (this is huge!) points per habs game

MN on Oct. 31 was - 141 (drop by 24 in 9 games, pace 2.67)

Current MN - 138 (drop by 3 in 1 games in November, pace 3.00)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.04:

...1 bonus - if Washington loses to Ottawa in regulation

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

once again we loose a bonus because of a ***** 3pt game, looks like bonuses will be rare this year

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.05:

We did not get the bonus uesterday. We still can get it tonight.

...1 bonus - if Tampa loses to New Jersey in regulation

TB and NJ are going to a shootout..... what's with all the "ties"/OT/SO games with the Eastern teams??? Doesn't the one team(s) know how to lose properly???? :angry:

Oh well, I"m still riding high from the last game. Fun game to watch. Habs are still walking that fine line and as discussed extensively in the gamethread and State of the Habs threads... time will tell if the Habs are THAT GOOD or if it will bite them in the butt. Whether or not the glass is half empty or half full, the Canadiens are always a treat to watch.... just like a good 'ol rollercoaster.

Can't wait for Saturdays game against the laffs. Looking forward to it because I think the game will answer 2 questions... those being:

1) Are the Habs the force that I believe them to be.

2) The laffs still suck and their better than expected record has been an weird anomoly of sorts.

wheres dag lately?

haha bonus points arent gonna be a reality this year apparently

Don't worry Onzee. It seems to me he Habs will take care themselves on bringing of MN down. They don't depend so much on bonuses these days. Besides bonuses are expected tomorrow.

Number 1 has asked me to update the MN tables till he comes back here Saturday Morning.

Here they are in the old style:

MN_Standings_East.png

MN_Signature.png

MN Bonus available for 2008.11.07:

We should get at least 1 bonus.

...1 bonus - very likely - if any of the following 4 happen:

...... Boston loses to Toronto in regulation

...... NY Rangers vs Tampa game does not end with Tampa winning in OT/SO

...... Pittsburgh loses to Edmonton

...... Washington loses to Carolina

...2 bonuses - possible - if 2 of the following 4 happen:

...... Tampa loses to Rangers in regulation

...... Pittsburgh loses to Edmonton in regulation

...... Washington loses to Carolina in regulation

...... Philadelphia loses to Ottawa

This time last year the MN was 135

now at first glance some may think we have slowed our pace but the truth is we have played in fewer games this year then last year. So in theory given our stats and how we have played the MN would/should have been about the same.

We are keeping a steady pace :) hopefully we can get some more bonus points ;)

Archived