The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sundin Still Undecided

LudaKrishna1

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id...mp;blogger_id=1

1:38: We all heard Gainey say that the Habs had moved beyond Sundin, right? well according to a few sources there are definite signs that the Canadiens have indeed let it be known that they are still on the "to call" list if things change.

don't get me wrong i like the habs lineup with lang but why does ek keep writing that we're still in this?

even if it is true we have like 1 mil left in cap space...

I have no idea of this is true or not, but we really should not be in the running anymore. Not enough money left, and we already have too many players. I really do not want Sundin anyways. Hes a great player, but he admitted he hasn't been working out or skating at all. We'll look like the 'Lafs' if we sign a guy whose pretty much over the hill and out of shape. Just wrong. Let him go somewhere else and stink up their organization.

Trust me! I don't ever want to see SunBeet here;but if there is a chance of getting him on board,Gainey will do what it takes to make it happen!There are all kinds of possibilities trade-wise to make room for a player of Sunburn's abilities.Would it mean losing some assets that I ,for one,would prefer to keep?Definitely,and I hope this doesn't happen! :(

LOL it's obivous

Eklund is putting the "Habs" name in there so that it attracts all the habs fans to click and induces our rival leaf fans to read more.

Gainey's words: No more Sundin.

If there is a Sundin chance, it would HAVE to be at trade deadline, when his cap would be cut so much smaller than it would be now.

but honestly, this IS our team now, Sundin....good luck elsewhere, you indecisive misleading nitwit.

If you listened to Bob MacKenzie tonight... Sundin can't get past not playing for the Leafs (Is the guy heart-broken or what :lol: ).

It made me think that perhaps Cliff Fletcher had/has a method to his madness... offer Sundin a contract to keep him away from the competition even though Fletcher knew the chance of him playing for them was/is remote to zero.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id...mp;blogger_id=1

don't get me wrong i like the habs lineup with lang but why does ek keep writing that we're still in this?

even if it is true we have like 1 mil left in cap space...

this is the same ek who all summer has been saying that the big luvable dummy swede (blds) is making up his mind this week with in the next 48 hours etc. and you wonder why he keeps saying things like this? He just keeps the fires stoked it's how he makes his money more clicks more dough. He is seldom right on much of anything but the odd time he gets lucky as they say if you throw enough ***** at the wall some will stick. :lol:

au revoir to the swedish meatball

who needs him anyways? if he wanted to come here he should have come last year at the deadline. all of this delay is ridiculous and absolutely selfish. he thinks he is going to pull a niedermayer or selanne and sit on his keester all year and then sign some ridiculous contract at the all star break??? stealing some kid's roster spot who has worked his butt off all year? no way.. team player... i think not. he can go play for the Make Beliefs... thats where he belongs.

we don't want his ugly mug in our centennial pics!!

Here is ACTUAL news for Sundin.... you know with a SOURCE!!!!

The Rangers have told free agent C Mats Sundin to make up his mind whether he wants to join their team, according to the Toronto Sun.

The Rangers need to know so they can determine whether they can afford to offer Brendan Shanahan a contract.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland recently shot down rumors that his team would sign the unrestricted free agent.

"I don't know Mats Sundin's travel plans, but we're not signing Mats Sundin," Holland told the Detroit News.

Teams not pursuing Sundin are growing tired of waiting for his decision over whether to retire or play this season, according to the Ottawa Sun.

"We just want him to make a decision because he's holding up the business of the league right now," a league executive told the Sun. "There are teams that want to make deals, but they can't do anything until they find out where Sundin is going to go."

Teams, such as the Rangers and Flyers, would have to shed salaries to make room for Sundin. The Sun stated "there's a strong belief that either Scott Gomez or Chris Drury could be dealt to the Canucks to make room for Sundin's salary."

The New York Post said the Rangers never considered trading Gomez, nor will they, to make room for Sundin. The story didn't address the Drury rumor.

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren previously told the Toronto Sun he'd love to add Sundin to his roster.

Sundin's agent, J.P. Barry, previously downplayed a rumor in the New York Post that he has been in constant communication with the Rangers because the center wants to play with New York.

No numbers have been exchanged, according to the Post, which said Sundin's second choice is Philadelphia.

Sundin, 37, had been expected to announce Aug. 1 whether he intended to play or retire, but Barry changed that to mean sometime in August. As a result, many believe the long time to make a decision means Sundin is leaning toward retirement.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors

No numbers have been exchanged, according to the Post, which said Sundin's second choice is Philadelphia.

Jesus, if he should really end up in Philly, I'm going to dislike the dude even more. From being the captain of the Leafs to becoming a member of the Goon Squad. YUK!

Good for the Flyers, though. Briere, Richards, and Sundin ... that's what I'd call depth down the middle ...

Jesus, if he should really end up in Philly, I'm going to dislike the dude even more. From being the captain of the Leafs to becoming a member of the Goon Squad. YUK!

Good for the Flyers, though. Briere, Richards, and Sundin ... that's what I'd call depth down the middle ...

With only 21 players signed Philly has only $1.6M left in the salary cap. There is only a handful of players who they can dump that will free enough cap space to sign him because they must maintain a mandatory 20 man roster.

My bet would be retirement at this point or a return to the Leafs,,,, unless he wants to play for a contender for a discounted salary along the lines of what Salanne did with the Ducks.

With only 21 players signed Philly has only $1.6M left in the salary cap. There is only a handful of players who they can dump that will free enough cap space to sign him because they must maintain a mandatory 20 man roster.

Phew. I wasn't aware of the Flyers having only 21 players signed. Thanks 1970 Habs, you just made my day.

Let's hope Holmgren won't pull the trigger on some crazy trades then :unsure:

Archived