The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sean Avery On The Hour On Cbc...

Mauro-Biello

Hey there folks, Sean Avery's interview with Stroumboulopoulos will be aired on October 2nd on CBC.

Sean Avery, hockey's most fashionable troublemaker will be on The Hour, Thursday October 2nd, 11pm, on CBC.

Man I used to like this show but it has shifted so much towards just entertainment. I wonder if George will ask him many questions about his attitude on the ice or will he just keep it cool... What does this douche have to say that is going to be interesting anyways. I just don't feel like hearing a celeb/pro-athlete/douchebag talk about his venture in new fields like fashion or business.

Hey there folks, Sean Avery's interview with Stroumboulopoulos will be aired on October 2nd on CBC.

Sean Avery, hockey's most fashionable troublemaker will be on The Hour, Thursday October 2nd, 11pm, on CBC.

Man I used to like this show but it has shifted so much towards just entertainment. I wonder if George will ask him many questions about his attitude on the ice or will he just keep it cool... What does this douche have to say that is going to be interesting anyways. I just don't feel like hearing a celeb/pro-athlete/douchebag talk about his venture in new fields like fashion or business.

likewise. however the only difference between avery and ovechkin in this case is 'douchebag'. :lol:

i won't be watching.

• 2 weeks later...

i love avery. everything he does is awesome. the league needs a few of him for them to get a bit more airtime on sports news. the comments about brodeur being a fatty were over the line but the stick waving thing was wicked. i thought it was creative. he just wants to win and it's a shame more players don't have his competitiveness.

I watched it

Avery is, entertaining , at the least .

George asked him if he was gay , to which Avery replied , check my track record.......... :P

Sounds like Avery can't stand Don Cherry

non denial denial? lol :P Well george just asked him what Avery answers to other reporters who ask though. The interview is good though...make avery slightly more like-able i guess. though some things are slightly mean but hey i wouldn't want to be stuck in toronto either :P

After watching the interview on the CBC w/ George, I thought he was far more reasonable than people give him credit for. I thought he was fine. I think Sean's problem probably stems from him being bipolar or mentally ill, or some jive. The dude seems legitimately messed up in a way, but then can be normal, funny, and interesting at other times. I can't say I would ever want him on my club, though.

............ I thought he was far more reasonable than people give him credit for. I thought he was fine. I think Sean's problem probably stems from him being bipolar or mentally ill, or some jive. The dude seems legitimately messed up in a way, but then can be normal, funny, and interesting at other times............

That's kinda the way I saw it

In this interview he seems actually quite normal

I'm not sure if anyone else saw it but one the TV sports stations sent a reporter to Dallas to do an interview with him . Apparently it was agreed upon before hand

But when they got down there, witht the cameras rolling , he refused

They literally followed him out of the dressing room , after practise, while he walked in the arena hall ways in his socks, shorts asking him why he resfused and he started swearing at the reporter :lol:

Avery could be a great player and maintain his intensity level without being the idiot he makes himself appear on the ice. He just goes out of his way to warrant disapproval and that is why he should not be on the ice. I don't understand why a club would want him. He's a negative in every regard and a disruptive presence to the game, unless he has decided to just stick to playing the game for 20 seconds or so, when he suddenly transforms into a good hockey player. I don't know if I'm more disgusted by his constant effort to draw negativity toward himself or the talent he chooses to waste.

The Hour is the best talk show on television (in its format) rivaled only by Ellen, in my opinion. I always hated George pre-CBC and early CBC, but The Hour has shown he is a genuine, entertaining and intelligent person. Even when there is a guest that I know and care nothing about, it is interesting and fun to watch and that is because George connects with his guests, audience and subject matter on such a high level.

Archived