The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Oldschool "throwback" Jersey

Rocket-1

Im hoping they have big sizes for these jerseys, im a big man and i hate the New Edge jerseys, i dont need slime fitting jerseys

I feel your pain dude :lol: im 6'3 and sometimes the 2XL just look ridiculous on me, depends on the brand though.

I never had a Reebok jersey so i can't tell, all my canadiens jersey are either Mitchell & Ness, Stall & Dean or CCM.

• 3 weeks later...

The white Jersey worn last night is identical to what they wear on the road these days so why say it's a replica from 1971 season?

In 1971 the numbers were different (darker) and they had laces around the collars, I hope they do better with the other ones because I was disapointed with the ones they wore yesterday! There was absolutely nothing special about those Jerseys yesterday IMO.

The white Jersey worn last night is identical to what they wear on the road these days so why say it's a replica from 1971 season?

In 1971 the numbers were different (darker) and they had laces around the collars, I hope they do better with the other ones because I was disapointed with the ones they wore yesterday! There was absolutely nothing special about those Jerseys yesterday IMO.

Agreed, disappointing.

Well the habs had basically the same jersey from 1971 till 2003 lol. Maybe you didn't know that!

November 15th will be the first real one different jersey (the one Kovalev is wearing)

The '71 jersey had laces among other differences listed by Habsters.

I suppose they could call it a throwback to 07-08 though.

Agreed, disappointing.

I have a real Jean Beliveau 1971 jersey, i know how it looks like lol.

It's just another case of Reebok getting lazy making replica's jersey.

Chalk it up as a money grab. :lol:

I have a real Jean Beliveau 1971 jersey, i know how it looks like lol.

It's just another case of Reebok getting lazy making replica's jersey.

If you have the 1971 Beliveau Jersey then you should know the differences between then and now. ;)

Beleive me I do, I have seen many games on TV and live at the Forum/Bell Center to know what the differences are it just bugs me that they claim that sweater to be a replica of the 1971 Jersey when it's clearly not.

As for Reebok getting lazy while I will conceed that it's possible I find it hard to beleive that the Habs front office did not notice the differences.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks last night "Retro" jersey night was a joke!!!! <_<

It was the same ugly RBK Edge jersey as usual, with that horrible white Vneck, and those weird tri-colored numbers they've been using since the move to the Molson Center. Look at the pic of Koivu just above my post, THAT'S how the 1971 jersey should look, not yesterday's "Away" jersey night!!! Actually, I still have trouble identifying the white jersey to "Away". it was the home jersey for me since childhood. They should revert to white home jerseys, because all we see every game is White vs Red, when it used to be White vs Green one game, White vs Blue the next, White vs Purple the next, etc.... I HATE those RBK Edge jerseys with a passion!! Big Zero to the Habs for yesterday "Marketing Circus".

Hey does anyone know if these jerseys will be available outside of montreal??? I see some people have posted that the jerseys will be on sale one week prior to the game in which they are wearing...but from everything I understand they are only available at the boutique?!?! If this is not true can someone please let me know, however if it is true, is it possible to order from la boutique and have items shipped? Thanks in advance for the help!! GO HABS GO!!!!

Archived