The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Goal Song

Do they still play the Coldplay song "Fix You" when the players skate out onto the ice? Because that song always gives me goosebumps! :)

Its the only coldplay song i like cause of the habs. It would play at my work and i would miss the canadiens and couldn't wait for summer to be over lol.

As for the new goal song, next to vertigo its amazing. i don't really like simple plan but the music works better i find and well they're from montreal so i gess they represent in a way lol. Could be better but can't be worst than vertigo. and as soemone else mentioned the crowd will drown it out anyways lol :P

What ever happened to the old habs song? This being the centennial year they should turn back the clock and play whatever the goal song was from the last cup win...Maybe Brisebois will play better... Muller and Carbo will play on the 4th line for nostalgia!

haha i ws tyring to figure it out but all i heard was people screaming (from youtube) but then i realised, as i watched other parts i think we still had an organ player in 1993...dunno if they switched with real music...but i like the organ lol...see if i can figure it out

I'm glad SOMEONE said it. I'm sure most musicians, who double as Habs' fans, were probably cringing when they heard Simple Plan was mentioned as performing the new goal song. Hey, on the upside, they probably didn't write it. :lol: Also, I cannot hear a thing from the clip that was posted on Habs I/O. Does anyone have anything better? I will reserve my final judgment for when I actually hear the song.

well i just check it out from that link...i didnt get halfway. :angry: your right jen, i was cringing man. now im cringing a lot harder. the song stinks.

<br />I know this horse is near dead from beating, but I found this over at habsinsideout.com...<br /><br /><br /><a href="http://habsinsideout.com/main/9056" target="_blank">http://habsinsideout.com/main/9056</a><br /><br />I have never heard of Simple Plan; is this a good thing or a bad thing?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Judge for yourself. Here's a link to the song:

And here's the song it's based on (with lyrics changed to "go habs go"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjpqvFbSx0

Not sure if I'm the only one that thinks so, but it seems strangely similar to the "old goal song" that everyone seems to love. It's got the horns and even an "ooOOOoOoooOh!".

There are two threads on this topic. Perhaps a merge is in order?

Anyways, Here's a link to the song:

And here's the song it's based on (with lyrics changed to "go habs go"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjpqvFbSx0

Not sure if I'm the only one that thinks so, but it seems strangely similar to the "old goal song" that everyone seems to love. It's got the horns and even an "ooOOOoOoooOh!". I think if people got over the fact that it's Simple Plan, they might enjoy it... at least more than Vertigo.

Besides, isn't it kinda nice that the song is performed by actual Habs fans?

i was fully prepared to come in here and say "i know its simple plan and all but its a cool song!" instead, upon listening to the song, my sentiments are more along the lines of "it sucks, which doesnt surprise me at all considering its by simple plan" oh well whatever. interesting situation, never have i wanted to hear a song this bad played over and over again. :P

Umm... let's!

Umm Lets not.. I don't see how the Beatles would make a good Goal Song.

I personaly don't like the Beatles and nevear had, many other people do great for them, but as a goal song? In 2008? Nah I don't see it..

I am okay with this Simple Plan version but If I had my ultimate choice it would be L'Orielle again for sure.

Umm Lets not.. I don't see how the Beatles would make a good Goal Song.

I personaly don't like the Beatles and nevear had, many other people do great for them, but as a goal song? In 2008? Nah I don't see it..

I am okay with this Simple Plan version but If I had my ultimate choice it would be L'Orielle again for sure.

No man, for real, they'll re-master it or something and it will RULE!

Question: Have you ever heard Helter Skelter? It is awesome!

No man, for real, they'll re-master it or something and it will RULE!

Question: Have you ever heard Helter Skelter? It is awesome!

Yes I have heard it and I don't like it. Actualy it may be more accurate to say I hate it. Thats just my opinion of corse I know the Beattles are loved all over the world and they are legenads with out doubt. But I nevear liked them.

i think the annakin slayd song would be better.. it gets me pumped as hell. it's not quite a goal song, but it would be better than this energyless whinefest from simple plan. and who cares if they're from montreal or habs fans. céline dion is from quebec but her music doesn't make sense as a goal song either. bahhhh im so upset. i almost want U2 back :0

i think the annakin slayd song would be better.. it gets me pumped as hell. it's not quite a goal song, but it would be better than this energyless whinefest from simple plan. and who cares if they're from montreal or habs fans. céline dion is from quebec but her music doesn't make sense as a goal song either. bahhhh im so upset. i almost want U2 back :0

I lovew the Annakin Slayd song too, but your right its not a goal song.

I don't see what is so whiney about Generation. I understand Simple plan can be whinney but the lyrics that are played in the clip used as a goal song are not whinney IMO. They are aggressive maybey but not whiney.

I like the song my self espessially the ooOOOo's and beat.

I also like the fact that its done by a Montreal band ofcorse you do make a good point about Celeine though lol.

well, i've only seen the video so i haven't heard it changed up.

okay well youtube the goal song version.. All it says is

(hey ho, let's go!)

It's going down tonight

(hey ho, let's go!)

We're gonna do it til we die

(hey ho, let's go!)

'Cause I, I, I got no reason to apologize

That's my generation

(ohh, ohh)

(ohh, ohh)

I don't see whats so whiney about that classic up tempo aggressive goal song type clip.

OKAY...i don't really mind the goal song because it's the fans that make the atmosphere what it is after a goal...but TO CHANGE THE INTRO OF THE HABS COMING OUT OF THE GATES FOR THEIR ENTRANCE IS ABSURD...THE HABS have made the biggest mistake ever taking those two kids away who skate around with the flag with cold play in the background...what a ludicrous thing to do...they should ask the fans what they want...sheesh...this has pissed me off now....does anyone know if it's coming back or are the lousy songs they play at the bell center going to last.

Archived