The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs Goal Song

OKAY...i don't really mind the goal song because it's the fans that make the atmosphere what it is after a goal...but TO CHANGE THE INTRO OF THE HABS COMING OUT OF THE GATES FOR THEIR ENTRANCE IS ABSURD...THE HABS have made the biggest mistake ever taking those two kids away who skate around with the flag with cold play in the background...what a ludicrous thing to do...they should ask the fans what they want...sheesh...this has pissed me off now....does anyone know if it's coming back or are the lousy songs they play at the bell center going to last.

What are you talking about? Fix you was there for the first game of the preseason.. did they change it already?

What are you talking about? Fix you was there for the first game of the preseason.. did they change it already?

Hein..the vid clearly shows some spanish song playing the background when the Habs come out...it was there first game with the two kids carrying the flags??

Umm Lets not.

And I think we have already proven that pettitions for Changing goal sons doesn't work. 3 years of petitions for the L'Orielle song return didn't work.

The l'orielle song sounds like something from new kids on the block from back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone really know what the new song is? hard to hear it after a goal

Technically it's called Go Habs Go by Simple Plan

But if you want to hear the song search for "Generation" by Simple Plan on Youtube or an mp3 site or whatever. Go Habs Go is just Generation with a few words changed.

I know what you mean about not being able to hear it, I don't know why that is. L'Orielle was blasting after a goal, clear as day. Vertigo, while a terrible goal song choice, you could hear pretty easy. Go Habs Go you can only hear 20 seconds in after the goal is scored.

Yeah, I know. We scored three times last night, and I was in the upper-level... Never heard the goal song once. Or maybe I did, but it was so awful I didn't even notice it...? :huh: Either way, it was barely audible, if at all.

listening on TV you cant hear it at all either. this is a good thing.

<br /><br /><br />

Judge for yourself. Here's a link to the song:

And here's the song it's based on (with lyrics changed to "go habs go"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjpqvFbSx0

Not sure if I'm the only one that thinks so, but it seems strangely similar to the "old goal song" that everyone seems to love. It's got the horns and even an "ooOOOoOoooOh!".

I was thinking the exact same thing. It is preposterous to say that you can hate this song and love the cheesy l'Oreille song because I am almost certain simple plan was directly influenced by the 'old goal song.'

the people who go to these games are shelling out heaps of cash and are die hard hockey fans -- not pre-teen girls. who the hell wants to hear some whiny garbage about not being understood? isn't the band full of thirty-somethings? and the lyrics are that shallow... echh.

Funny, I've never heard anyone call The Who's 'My Generation' whiney. I mean thematically, they are identical.

I think you've fallen into the, 'I hate anything emo' trap - and so has simple plan apparently because loads of people on this board aren't going to allow them to grow beyond the genre. I'm not defending the band nor the genre as I am not typically a fan (although there are exceptions - TGUK early work) but it is obvious that the 'I'm just a kid' whiney-***** band is going to have some tough inroads to make into the hyper-manly hockey world.

Funny, I've never heard anyone call The Who's 'My Generation' whiney. I mean thematically, they are identical.

I think you've fallen into the, 'I hate anything emo' trap - and so has simple plan apparently because loads of people on this board aren't going to allow them to grow beyond the genre. I'm not defending the band nor the genre as I am not typically a fan (although there are exceptions - TGUK early work) but it is obvious that the 'I'm just a kid' whiney-***** band is going to have some tough inroads to make into the hyper-manly hockey world.

Wow, did you just compare The Who and Simple Plan? :lol:

Archived