The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Preseason Game 7 - Detroit @ Montreal: Sept 30, 7:00 Et

pitbull12

Game Notes

- Will be televised on both TSN and RDS.

- Can be heard on the radio on CJAD.

Detroit Game Notes

- Niklas Lidstrom has an eye injury and will not play.

- Pavel Datsyuk has a groin injury and will not play.

Montreal Game Notes

- After cutting 18 players Monday, the following players remain,

Forwards

- Max Pacioretty, Matt D'Agostini, Greg Stewart, Ben Maxwell, Alex Tanguay, Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kositisyn, Robert Lang, Guillaume Latendresse, Chris Higgins, Georges Laraque, Tom Kostopolous, Maxim Lapierre, Steve Begin, Kyle Chipchura.

Defencemen

- Yannick Weber, Alex Henry, Mike Komesarek, Andrei Markov, Ryan O'Bryne, Francis Boullion, Josh Gorges, Roman Hamrilik, Patrice Brisebois, Mathieu Dandenault, Mathieu Carle

Goaltenders

- Carey Price, Jaroslav Halak, Marc Denis

Nice work on getting the Thread going.

Not sure who's dressing tonight but I heard on TSN that Price is going to start "the majority" of the remaining preseason games.

Figures that I finally land TSN, that they finally broadcast a Habs game, and I have to work tonight. Another sad chapter in the story of my life.

I highly doubt the Wings appreciated the loss from last week. Even with Lidstrom and Datsyuk out, they're still quite a threat. Gotta come out strong and keep pressure on. Nothing but confidence to gain from this one.

GO HABS GO!

Laraque, Carle, will be out, Price playes today but halak plays boston.

Carbo said that the kids will play today.

If the kids are playing today we should be seeing the last of some of them for the year <barring injuries>. Breezer could use the ice time. Price played well the other night in Florida. Halak against Boston should do well. Here's to a good year. Are the Kost's playing tonight?

thanks. the gazette stated something similar: koivu and tanguay are not ready but brisebois might be.

Well we know Tanguay, Laraque, Koivu are all out so that leaves 15 forwards left...I assume Carbo will play Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Stewart, and Maxwell so that leaves 8 spots to fill up front.

Kovalev, Plekanec, A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, Lang, Latendresse, Higgins, Kostopolous, Lapierre, Begin, Chipchura

Well we know Tanguay, Laraque, Koivu are all out so that leaves 15 forwards left...I assume Carbo will play Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Stewart, and Maxwell so that leaves 8 spots to fill up front.

Kovalev, Plekanec, A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, Lang, Latendresse, Higgins, Kostopolous, Lapierre, Begin, Chipchura

hmmm. is higgins healthy? i haven't heard his name much in camp. i'd like to see lang with sergei and higgins. that could be fun and i hope chipchura gets another chance tonight.

hmmm. is higgins healthy? i haven't heard his name much in camp. i'd like to see lang with sergei and higgins. that could be fun and i hope chipchura gets another chance tonight.

higgins also has his personalized corner in the habs clinic and the word for him, as well as most of the others, is that he'll be ready for the regular season, maybe before. is that vague enough? :lol:

Tonights lines according to Habsinsideout/RDS

http://habsinsideout.com/main/9137

Max Pacioretty - Robert Lang - Alex Kovalev

Guillaume Latendresse - Tomas Plekanec - Sergei Kostitsyn

Tom Kostopoulos - Maxim Lapierre - Matt D'Agostini

Gregory Stewart - Kyle Chipchura - Mathieu Dandenault

Carey Price in nets.

Defence pairings later.

I can't wait to see what Pacioretty can do with Kovalev and Lang.

higgins also has his personalized corner in the habs clinic and the word for him, as well as most of the others, is that he'll be ready for the regular season, maybe before. is that vague enough? :lol:

:lol: now we're treating preseason injuries with the same high-level security clearance required in the playoffs...

Carey Price in nets.

Defence pairings later.

sweet! i'm pretty stoked about all of those lines but the top two are making me impatient for game time. thanks for the post. :D

Regulars playing tonight for the Wings: Andreas Lilja, Kirk Maltby, Brett Lebda, Chris Chelios, Brian Rafalski, Kris Draper, Aaron Downey, Valtteri Filppula, Niklas Kronwall, Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky et Tomas Holmstrom.

Injured: Lidstrom, Datsyuk

Zetty is not playing but I dont know why

Regulars playing tonight for the Wings: Andreas Lilja, Kirk Maltby, Brett Lebda, Chris Chelios, Brian Rafalski, Kris Draper, Aaron Downey, Valtteri Filppula, Niklas Kronwall, Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky et Tomas Holmstrom.

Injured: Lidstrom, Datsyuk

Zetty is not playing but I dont know why

because he won't play without his linemate? ;)

still a pretty nice lineup but i'm pretty disappointed that those three aren't playing, tbh.

Nice work on getting the Thread going.

Not sure who's dressing tonight but I heard on TSN that Price is going to start "the majority" of the remaining preseason games.

Figures that I finally land TSN, that they finally broadcast a Habs game, and I have to work tonight. Another sad chapter in the story of my life.

I highly doubt the Wings appreciated the loss from last week. Even with Lidstrom and Datsyuk out, they're still quite a threat. Gotta come out strong and keep pressure on. Nothing but confidence to gain from this one.

GO HABS GO!

If you get TSN2, you can watch the full game starting at 10:30pm. I work tonight as well, until 10, so I'll be watching on TSN2 just as if it was on live. B)

Carey Price in nets.

Defence pairings later.

Me either. I expect big things from Pacioretty

Archived