The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hockey Hall Of Fame

mortwinkler

Has anyone been? Is it worth the trip?

I was in Ontario this summer visiting my family and it was on my to-do list, except I ended up getting really sick with this broncitus, chest/head infection and was down and out and never ended up going.

It's on my to-do list for next October, just wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Been there several times, well worth the visit if you are downtown Toronto. Lots of Montreal artifacts such as the Rocket's Jersey, Toe's hat, Dryden's mask and equipment to name a few. There is the reproduction players locker room from the Forum which is well done plus there are also several activities for kids and adults to do.

They have the original Stanley Cup with several of the bottom rings that were removed to make room for new ones on the wall inside the Bank vault. There is also a replica cup that you can have your picture taken with, my sons hockey team went there this past summer and had a team picture taken with the cup all in all it was pretty cool way to spend the day.

If you like history and are interested in seeing how the game has changed in both look and style and have the time to brows it's well worth a visit IMO.

Yeh I went there in June of 2007 im guessing wedneseday the 27th. It's defnitley worth going. the New hall has 2 levels you have to go to our locker room and watch the tv. when you get there you will see what I mean. I didn't do

so well shooting the puck. I was there when Pat quinn showed up.

i thought they had a replica... but i dont know for sure, it would be worth finding out though.

Your 100% correct the cup is a replica one.

Yeh I went there in June of 2007 im guessing wedneseday the 27th. It's defnitley worth going. the New hall has 2 levels you have to go to our locker room and watch the tv. when you get there you will see what I mean. I didn't do

so well shooting the puck. I was there when Pat quinn showed up.

Your 100% correct the cup is a replica one.

Not always, there are select times of the year when it is the real Stanley Cup. I have been there when the Real cup was both present and absent, I was talking to one of the employees there, and he told me that it was the REAL stanley cup at the time. But, only for around two months per year.

The same one that we skated around with when we beat La, Calgary , New York R ,Boston and philly. In the Hall

on the second floor theres a trophy room when I was there june of 2007 the real cup was in Minnesota with 1 of the players. Theres 2 cups the original that the champions skate around with and theres a replica 1 that looks exatly like that one but nobody has ever skated around with it's just kept in Toronto.

Archived