The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bulldogs Vs Marlies --- Preseason Game #3 --- 10/5/08

Antonio20066

3rd period is underway............

On a side note....the TSN website is reporting that Marc Denis has been placed on waivers. ?????????

Does he need to clear waivers before he can be sent down to Hamilton???

Yeah, he has to go through waivers in order to be sent down.

3rd period is underway............

On a side note....the TSN website is reporting that Marc Denis has been placed on waivers. ?????????

Does he need to clear waivers before he can be sent down to Hamilton???

Wait a second...wasn't Denis given a two-way contract?

ie: One paid salary for his NHL time...and another completely different salary(more than "minimum wage" AHL salaries) for his AHL time.

Is this not correct, and thus he wouldn't have to clear waivers?

Well, that's the Hamilton Bulldogs pre-season all wrapped up.

The 2008/09 Season begins on this coming Friday when the Bulldogs travel to Winnipeg, Manitoba to take on the Manitoba Moose in a "double-header" on Friday and Saturday.

The Bulldogs home opener takes place on Friday October 17 at Copps Coliseum when the Hartford Wolf Pack comes into town.

Go dogs go!!!

2007 Calder Cup Champions

2008 Iceberg Cup Champions

Okay guys and girls, I'm answering my own question here. Literally eh...I'm quoting myself from July:

I actaully agree with this.

Although Denis isn't playing well, he certainly does bring our goalie depth back to where it was: Secure. I am hoping though that Price(duh) and Halak will be our #1 and 2. But, I do have confidence, lets just say, if injury were to arise in the big club(between the pipes) that Denis would be a better candidate to come up from Hamilton, then Desjardins would be.

Thus, smart signing by Bob...and great that it's a two-way-deal(Denis doesn't have to go through waivers, and he gets paid 2 different salary wages when playing in the AHL or NHL) And this also takes the French Press off of BG's arse.

http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showt...p;hl=Marc+Denis

Archived