The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Season Opener | Montreal @ Buffalo | Friday October 10, 2008 At 7:30 Pm

GreekHockeyCoach

the 3rd is Lang centering S Kostitsyn and Kostopolous and the 4th is Lapierre centering Dandenault and Begin with Chipchura in the press box im guessng line 1 is Latendresse with Koivu and Tanguay and then clearly the other line is Kovy, Plekanec and A Kostitsyn

are these lines official because i dont get tehm at all. first i still dont think lappierre should be playing over chipchura at the ce3nter position. i think our lines should be more like this

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse

S.Kostitsyn-Lang-Lappierre

Begin-Chipchura-Nonstopolous

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Obyrne

Gorges-Brisebois

Price-Halak

PP

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Markov-Brisebois

Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse

Hamrlik-S.Kostitsyn

As far as Chips > Laps, Laps has proven himself to be an asset and filled a role on the lineup and he has proven proficient at the job he was given. Chips has done none of the three ... yet.

FIVE AND A HALF HOURS UNTIL GAME TIME AND ALL'S WELL.

Well, not really. I watched some of the Toronto and Detroit game last night, followed by the parody of Def Leppard that played at the launch concert and frankly, the performance of all three made me ill. Toronto playing well is never a pleasing site to mine eyes. Detroit giving them the win, while at the same time displaying skills that made me cringe when I thought of playing them ourselves and why old bands cannot just fade away gracefully before they start becoming substandard versions of themselves is beyond me. But that is neither here nor there.

Anyway, the point is that the NHL season doesn't officially begin until the habs hit the ice and the HNIC theme is played.

Thankfully, both of those requirements will be met on RDS tonight.

Go Habs Go!!!

Thankfully the NHL is giving a free trial of NHL GameCenter for a couple days so I’ll be able to watch the game on my computer. But after that, I’m at the mercy of the CBC and TSN.

Here’s to all my fellow fans of the Montreal Canadiens who are far flung from the heart of the action. Enjoy the season, as best as you can!

Thankfully the NHL is giving a free trial of NHL GameCenter for a couple days so I’ll be able to watch the game on my computer. But after that, I’m at the mercy of the CBC and TSN.

Here’s to all my fellow fans of the Montreal Canadiens who are far flung from the heart of the action. Enjoy the season, as best as you can!

I tried that on two seperate computers to watch the Avs/Bruins and see how the B's are looking and I couldn't get video on the laptop, but I got choppy, laggy sound and I couldn't get either on the desktop, and the desktop is a more powerful machine. I couldn't be bothered tinkering with it last night and won't bother with the Habs games televised, but I wanted to guage it and see if it was worth a subscription and it isn't looking like it so far. :P

Did you have any luck? I'd love to be able to try watching four games at once! :o

P.S. Also, if you have TSN and CBC, I find it odd that you don't have RDS? I can only assume it's a weird kind of package thing.

P.S.S. 5 HOURS LEFT!!!

I am pretty sure the lines are..

A. Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev

Tanguay Koivu Latendresse

S. Kotitsyn Lang Chipchura

Begin Lapierre Kostoplous

I am pretty sure thats what I heard on the Team 990 the top 2 lines for sure and the kept saying Chipchura with Land and Sergi too.

Not crazy about Lats on the 2nd line. But then Carbo does mix things up so I would not be shocked if S.Kostitsyn or Lang see some time on the 2nd line. I believe that Chips should be on the 3rd line which is apparently where Chips will be playing according to Team 990. Another source has Kostopolous on the 3rd line and Chips in the press box. I hope that Team 990 is correct.

Not sure about other satellite or cable. But with Bell ExpressVu you get RDS by adding French language theme channels. RDS covers all of the games. I think that CJAC broadcasts the games in English.

for me the season officially starts the first time i see the habs live, which willl be sat night here in europe. What is the latest on Larouque?

Might be able to get streaming video of the game tonight. www.nhl.com should have information about streaming video "free" trial period. Might not be choice for outside North America

Can't wait for the game. Habs will be good, There is no doubt. Looking forward to seeing the new theme song on RDS. Glad CBC lost it, Ha Ha

The only thing that stumps me is they replace pednault with brunet...i mean he's a former player and all but the chemistry houde and pednault had was amazing...

Hey, what gives...the game isn't going to be on Express tonight...

:(

Stupid work!!! :angry:

Me: BUT NO WORK TOMORROW!!! AND MANY MORE SATURDAYS AFTER THAT!!!

Work: O, how come?

Me: Um... :mellow::huh: Hockey...

Work: Yea...soo...watch it at work...

Me: uhuh.gif

Work: eyebrow.gif

Me: uhuh.gif + uhuh.gif <--- Random person

Me: _____ ^ Yo, who is that? :huh:

Me: Wtv...lol... :D

I tried that on two seperate computers to watch the Avs/Bruins and see how the B's are looking and I couldn't get video on the laptop, but I got choppy, laggy sound and I couldn't get either on the desktop, and the desktop is a more powerful machine. I couldn't be bothered tinkering with it last night and won't bother with the Habs games televised, but I wanted to guage it and see if it was worth a subscription and it isn't looking like it so far. :P

Did you have any luck? I'd love to be able to try watching four games at once! :o

P.S. Also, if you have TSN and CBC, I find it odd that you don't have RDS? I can only assume it's a weird kind of package thing.

P.S.S. 5 HOURS LEFT!!!

Didn't try last night, was watching the Canucks vs. Flames on CBC, so this afternoon will be my first try of the streaming on the computer (new iMac so should be ok I hope).

I could get RDS, but it’s part of a crazy expensive cable package so I can’t really justify the cost. I love the Habs, but I still have to keep a roof over my head. A former co-worker and fellow Canadiens fan got it last year and really enjoyed it though. The other thing is that I don’t really understand French all that well. I understand enough to get the gist of what they are talking about, but for the most part I’m totally lost.

well, tonights the night...finally the habs have come back...oh man! im so anxious to see how habs version 8/9 fare in their first game...wish i could be at this one in BUF...id be there if i wasnt so broke *****....cant wait to see tanguay and lang in a habs jersey...LETS GO BOYS!! get a few early and put em in the grave!

Archived