The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mclaren, Warrener, Eriksson And Lundmark Waived

According to www.nhl.com, defensmen Kyle McLaren , Rhett Warrener and Anders Eriksson as well as forward Jamie Lundmark have been placed on waivers by their respective teams (Sharks for McLaren, the other three were with the Flames)... McLaren and Warrener could both be interesting for the Canadiens, both having a $2.5 Million cap hit for this upcoming season. McLaren might be a risk, since he has been battling injuries for quite some time now, but Warrener might fit the bill. By picking up one of the trades suggested on this board of Dandouillon (or one of the two) for picks or packaged with some of our many, many promising d prospects to get a blue chip forward prospect might become a fact...

According to www.nhl.com, defensmen Kyle McLaren , Rhett Warrener and Anders Eriksson as well as forward Jamie Lundmark have been placed on waivers by their respective teams (Sharks for McLaren, the other three were with the Flames)... McLaren and Warrener could both be interesting for the Canadiens, both having a $2.5 Million cap hit for this upcoming season. McLaren might be a risk, since he has been battling injuries for quite some time now, but Warrener might fit the bill. By picking up one of the trades suggested on this board of Dandouillon (or one of the two) for picks or packaged with some of our many, many promising d prospects to get a blue chip forward prospect might become a fact...

You would have a difficult time convincing me that either Mc Laren or Warrener are better than either Bouillon or Gorges, and they make more. I think both those guys are from the old NHL when d-men didn't have to skate. I believe the Habs may be in the market for a #4 d-man (although probably not until later in the year), but will go via the trade route, not the gamble of a high-priced waiver acquisition...

I would take Mclaren over Bouillon, however that would essentially require moving Bouillon or Dandenault out of Montreal, and I don't see that happening.

Also, due to the past, I really can't see us ever taking McLaren. What he did was probably the most blatant attempt to injure with the most devastating consequences that we've seen against a Hab certainly in the last 5-10 years.

I would take Mclaren over Bouillon, however that would essentially require moving Bouillon or Dandenault out of Montreal, and I don't see that happening.

You obviously never listened to your grandmother when she tried to tell you that a good, hardy soup is all you need to make you feel better!Well,I listened to my grandma ,and you could never get me to take a Mclaren "clothesliner',so-so dman.for a "hot" cuppa Bouillon! :blink:

as others have mentioned, I just dont see a fit for any of these guys. You could argue that a couple of them are as good as or maybe better than dandy or boullion, but thats still not really saying much. We have one of the best 1 - 3 punches in the league. We have arguably the best 5-6 group in the league (we easily have 4 - 5 dmen that are all solid, competent 3rd pairing defensmen). So where's our hole? #4. Are any of these guys #4 defensmen at this stage of their careers? No, imho.

If we're trading for a top 4 dman, then lets do it - lets make a real go & get someone of value. Otherwise lets stick with what we've got & see if a guy like Obyrne, Jorges or Webber et all can change our mind that we really truly DONT have a hole in our second pairing ;)

Your wish came true. :)

"San Jose Sharks assign defenceman Kyle McLaren to minors

Thursday, 10.09.2008 / 6:07 AM / News Canadian Press

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks assigned defenceman Kyle McLaren to their minor-league affiliate in Worcester on Wednesday after no NHL teams claimed the 12-year NHL veteran on waivers."

Never "forgave" the jerk for what he did to Richard Zednik.

Your wish came true. :)

"San Jose Sharks assign defenceman Kyle McLaren to minors

Thursday, 10.09.2008 / 6:07 AM / News Canadian Press

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks assigned defenceman Kyle McLaren to their minor-league affiliate in Worcester on Wednesday after no NHL teams claimed the 12-year NHL veteran on waivers."

Never "forgave" the jerk for what he did to Richard Zednik.

:P:P:P

Archived