The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

That was an amazing show he put on. Three shots over 500 feet. After all he's been through, it's hard not to root for him!

Agreed. Absolutely stunning performance. Cant believe the rules reset after 2 rounds, makes Morneu's win a bit of a downer. Plus I bet on Hamilton so it cost me money.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Absolutely stunning performance. Cant believe the rules reset after 2 rounds, makes Morneu's win a bit of a downer. Plus I bet on Hamilton so it cost me money.

Yeah reseting it is tough but I'm still in awe over what I saw, incredible display.

I actually think it was Josh's pitcher who wore down more then him (71 year old threw around 90 pitches for the night I think).

Josh is an absolute freak of nature. Out of the game for 3 years, comes back and contends for the triple crown. I really can't think of anyone else (Maybe Griffey) who I've seen that had that kind of natural talent.

That was sarcasm it was amazing.

Yeah it was a great game, I actually felt like I was watching a fairly meaningful game, I was really into it.

I heard David Wright and JD Drew would have wound up pitching had the game gone much longer LOL. I kept saying to myself there is absolutely NO way this game can go down as a tie. I loved Fox continuously panning to Bud Selig, and you could feel how nervous he was haha.

Really a fitting tribute to Yankee stadium though, the derby was great (thank you Josh Hamilton), the pregame festivities were absolutely amazing and topped it off with a hell of a ball game.

A+ event, I thought it was overhyped but the Yankees and MLB did it right.

Yankees do these the right way like the Habs. The two organizations are almost identical except for ownership in which its a love/hate thing with the Steinbrenners, mostly hate for non-Yankee fans like myself.

haha, I'm not a Yankees fan although I like the Steinbrenners, they're so entertaining, even when things slow down they always find a way to get their team on the front page in New York.

I agree with your point, the Yankees do it right, the greatest sports organization in the world, the have this mystique that's unexplainable.

I hate the Yankees, but I live here so I hear all this news...on why Jeter and ARod are on just two different levels:

Arod is out of the All Star Game in the 3rd inning, and leaves the stadium immediately.

Jeter is out of the game sometime in 5th and we see him signing autographs for fans sitting above the dugout in the 14th inning.

D-bag v. Class

I still cant belive that this is the last year for yankee stadium it should be a crime fer them to replace it think of all those memorys they had its a shame but they did end it the right way with the all-star game being as good as it was and hamiltons record setting 28! homers in a round was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for the 2 New York team's new stadiums. The Yankees should be beautiful apparently cost 1.6 billion. I've seen a few pictures and it looks cool. They say it will look more like the original Yankee Stadium then the current version does (They totally renovated it in the 70's).

As for the Mets, as a Braves fan Shea was a total dump, although I love the fact Chipper named his son Shea after the stadium because of how well he's hit there. Citi looks great though, apparently modeled a lot after Ebbets Field.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the playoff races?

I really like the fact that Tampa made the play-offs. Yes they have an annoying heckler and those cowbells are just plain stupid. But they deserve a lot of credit of how they built their team. It's nearly all homegrown talent. The Angels have more power in their line-up but will end up losing against the Red Sox in the first round. I hope the Twins make the play-offs and it should be an exciting series vs. the Rays. Advancing to the World Series from the AL will be Boston. Beckett, Lester and Dice-K are their keys. The NL play-offs aren't set till now so I'll wait with my predictions.