The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Cincinnati keeps rolling with a 5-4 win over Miami in 11 innings.

as close as i follow it which isn't close at all it looks to me like cincinnati/texas in the world series with cincinnati winning it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two home runs by Miguel Cabrera, including an eighth grand slam, lead Detroit to a 12-2 win over Oakland. Prince Fielder and Jhonny Peralta added home runs. Starter Max Scherzer left after the second inning with a fatigued throwing shoulder. An MRI showed no structural damage and will be re-evalutated again after two days without throwing. Darin Downs pitched 2 1/3 innings of scoreless relief to get the win. It was the start of Detroit's final homestand of the season to be followed by a roadtrip for their final six games.

Austin Jackson misplays a line drive into a two run triple to help give Oakland a 12-4 win over Detroit. The generous ruling by the official scorer came after the "A's" had taken the lead in the sixth. A gazelle probabley would have turned that into an inside the park home run. Oakland would double its run total in the ninth. Anibal Sanchez took the loss for Detroit to go to 3-6.

Detroit misses an opportunity to move ahead of Chicago in the AL Central by losing a doubleheader to Minnesota by 10-4 and 2-1 scores. Shoddy defense was the main culprit: A dropped fly ball that was ruled a triple, a late break on a short fly ball that dropped for a single, a third strike that got away from the catcher, and the pitcher covering home thought it was a force play and forgot to tag the runner coming in. All that resulted in five runs in sixth inning of the first game.

In the second game, starter Drew Smyly pulled second baseman Ramon Santiago off first base on a sacrifice bunt and catcher Alex Avila's wild throw on a possible inning ending double play allowed the tying run to score. Minnesota's Ben Revere bailed out the Tigers by rounding third too far and getting tagged out.

Detroit misses an opportunity to move ahead of Chicago in the AL Central by losing a doubleheader to Minnesota by 10-4 and 2-1 scores. Shoddy defense was the main culprit: A dropped fly ball that was ruled a triple, a late break on a short fly ball that dropped for a single, a third strike that got away from the catcher, and the pitcher covering home thought it was a force play and forgot to tag the runner coming in. All that resulted in five runs in sixth inning of the first game.

In the second game, starter Drew Smyly pulled second baseman Ramon Santiago off first base on a sacrifice bunt and catcher Alex Avila's wild throw on a possible inning ending double play allowed the tying run to score. Minnesota's Ben Revere bailed out the Tigers by rounding third too far and getting tagged out.

is it hockey season yet? :lol:

although.......if one had the least interest in what was happening? .....could be an exciting finish...

i'm just putting myself in that situation and using my imagination.... :D

is it hockey season yet? :lol:

although.......if one had the least interest in what was happening? .....could be an exciting finish...

i'm just putting myself in that situation and using my imagination.... :D

Realistically, Detroit needs to win the Central division to make the playoffs, but their pitching and defense has been inconsistant.