The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hollweg Suspended... Again.

js2

If peca is suspend for 10 games for doing nothing he should be suspended 20 games.

I agree he should get more than 3 games, but the two situations aren't comparable. Two different types of offenses that can't really be compared. Had Hollweg done that to a ref, he'd get a lifetime suspension and criminal charges against him.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/516477

" ........Hollweg is the Leafs' main pest/enforcer, a combination of Darcy Tucker and Tie Domi rolled into one. He can be a bit of a loose cannon and is thought around the league to be a cheap-shot artist – someone who hits from behind without bothering to worry if his target is in a vulnerable position..............."

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/516477

" ........Hollweg is the Leafs' main pest/enforcer, a combination of Darcy Tucker and Tie Domi rolled into one. He can be a bit of a loose cannon and is thought around the league to be a cheap-shot artist – someone who hits from behind without bothering to worry if his target is in a vulnerable position..............."

Sounds like just the kind of guy I'd want on my team. I wouldn't even want to play on a team with a guy like that.

I don't think his hit was worst than the Kostitsyn hit on Matt Stajan.

And you call yourself an expert ? The hit made by Kostitsyn was questionable at best, but no where near the disgusting acts of Hollweg.

There is a huge difference buddy, I can't believe you'd even attempt to defend him.

Kostitsyn actually hit someone who had the puck, he didn't purposely drive anyone into the boards.

Hollweg knew what he was doing, it's not the first time he's been suspended and it's not the first time he's done something completely out of line like this.

And you call yourself an expert ? The hit made by Kostitsyn was questionable at best, but no where near the disgusting acts of Hollweg.

There is a huge difference buddy, I can't believe you'd even attempt to defend him.

Kostitsyn actually hit someone who had the puck, he didn't purposely drive anyone into the boards.

Hollweg knew what he was doing, it's not the first time he's been suspended and it's not the first time he's done something completely out of line like this.

3 games is nowhere near enough. Especially for a repeat offender. 20 games is more what I was expecting. Woulda been, shoulda been!

Only one word to describe this guy....DUH :blink:
Actually, eight more words to describe the guy: "A few floats short of a full parade". :lol:

I immediately thought it was a poor signing when the Leafs got him. Not too much brains behind that decision either. :blink:

I do feel a little bad for Hollweg though; his reputation is preceding him now. The last one was a little borderline, but the ref sees the name on his sweater and up goes the arm ... He should probably just retire at this point. ;)

as you can clearly see Pietriangelo had the puck

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=c3GwIJNOknc

and nobody will ever make me believe that this hit deserve a boarding major

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F6s6QLdA0lk&...feature=related

That's not the hit I saw that apparently got him a suspension, I saw a much nastier hit that made me wish Chris Simon was around to do something to him that would have resulted in a half season suspension.

Anyways, you have to realize that it has nothing to do with the severity of the hit. The NHL is trying to discourage that need that Hollweg has to check people from behind into the boards. I would rather the NHL ruin his career than see Hollweg ruin someone else's career. Now, they're probably gonna call a penalty on him for anything.

So because he had the puck makes it okay to drive him into the boards from behind like that?

SK74 said that Pietriangelo didn't have the puck, I'm just showing that he had

and how about that hit ? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F6s6QLdA0lk&...feature=related that deserve a boarding major and a game misconduct ? I'm not even sure if it deserve a minor penalty

Let me say that it's a blessing that we as habs fans do not have to put up with a reckless bone-head on our team.This guy is gonna severly injure someone.What goes through these idots head,

( remember mr.simon ).

Aparently,this is his 4TH supension in 9 months for the same antics,WOW,i assume that when a player is wheeled off the ice on a strecher,god forbid ending a players career,(remember steve moore),then maybe the league steps in and throws the book at these guys.

(Does anyone know what Mr.steve moore is doing these days,not playing hockey,thats for sure.

These jerks need to wake the hell up....we don't need them in the league.

and how about that hit ? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F6s6QLdA0lk&...feature=related that deserve a boarding major and a game misconduct ? I'm not even sure if it deserve a minor penalty

The Ref blew the whistle just as the puck was touched which indicates to me that it was some type of delayed call,,,,either off side or delayed penalty. Holweg nailed the guy from behind, who was probably expecting the stoppage in play as he touched that puck. IMO Hollweg had intent to injure on his mind in that situation,,, knowing full well the play would be dead once the puck was touched. I dont see how you CANT consider that even worthy of a minor. :blink:

The Ref blew the whistle just as the puck was touched which indicates to me that it was some type of delayed call,,,,either off side or delayed penalty. Holweg nailed the guy from behind, who was probably expecting the stoppage in play as he touched that puck. IMO Hollweg had intent to injure on his mind in that situation,,, knowing full well the play would be dead once the puck was touched. I dont see how you CANT consider that even worthy of a minor. :blink:

yah i thought i heard a wisthle in there...you could tell cam was stoping the puck for a delayed call. and hollweg went right after him...

but then again we arent an expert.

Archived