The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sidney Crosby

Scott92

Since I couldn't find a thread about him, I decided to make one about him. I'm sure this thread will be filled up, for better or for worse, and as much as many Habs' fans dislike him, their is no doubting that he's a good hockey player.

This thread is mainly to comment on career acheivements for Crosby.

Crosby scores 100th NHL goal, adds 200th assist

2uszkt1.jpg

PITTSBURGH (AP)Sidney Crosby posted his 100th career NHL goal and his 200th assist in leading the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 4-1 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

Playing on a line with fellow young star Evgeni Malkin for the first time during an entire game this season, the 21-year-old Crosby had a goal and three assists to give him 100 goals and 202 assists for 302 points in 219 career games.

Malkin assisted on all four Penguins goals to give him 201 points in 166 NHL games.

Pascal Dupuis, Miroslav Satan and Petr Sykora also had goals for Pittsburgh.

Nik Antropov scored for Toronto, which has only nine goals in five games (1-2-2).

Click link to view article.

It was a great night for Sidney Crosby, tallying a total of three points (1 goal, 2 assists). He scored his first goal of the season, and it just so happened that it was the 100th of his career. He also managed his 200th assist, ultimately making it his 300 career point.

He is great hockey player tht would look great in a HABS sweater ;)

And I'm not doubting that at all.

Maybe I should have said that ever Habs' fan seems to have a love-hate look upon Crosby. We hate playing him, and his former whiny antics, but we'd love to have him.

I'm not sure why he's so disliked - he was whiney for his first two years in the league but seems to be growing up and taking rough hits, penalties and such like a man.

It must be the uber-hype and getting an A and a C so early in his career. If that's why people don't like him that's not his fault.

I'm not sure why he's so disliked - he was whiney for his first two years in the league but seems to be growing up and taking rough hits, penalties and such like a man.

It must be the uber-hype and getting an A and a C so early in his career. If that's why people don't like him that's not his fault.

I still see him whining to the refs all the time.

I still see him whining to the refs all the time.
I'm not sure Montreal fans should complain about "whining to the refs". We have one of the worst offenders as our coach, and our players are starting to follow (I'm seeing that "who me" expression on the faces when they go to the box that I remember so well from Quinn's Leafs). We're not nearly as bad as Quinn, but this team isn't one who should complain about whining to the refs.

I like him as much as any fan in the NHL but the CBC really loves him and it was in making no bones about it last night in Pittsburgh. But why they continue to cover the Maple Leafs, while disguising it as a game that features Crosby and the Pens remains a mystery to me.

It’s really frustrating as a hockey fan to be forced to watch Crosby in these lop sided games, where the Leafs are clearly out matched.

I like him as much as any fan in the NHL but the CBC really loves him and it was in making no bones about it last night in Pittsburgh. But why they continue to cover the Maple Leafs, while disguising it as a game that features Crosby and the Pens remains a mystery to me.

It’s really frustrating as a hockey fan to be forced to watch Crosby in these lop sided games, where the Leafs are clearly out matched.

The NHL has made Crosby their poster boy, and the CBC follows suit. I don't like that the league focusses so much on players rather than teams, but I guess it's required from a marketing perspective. And Crosby will be the poster boy because the only young players with a similar skill level are European (and for marketing purposes they will be discriminated against)

The NHL has made Crosby their poster boy, and the CBC follows suit. I don't like that the league focusses so much on players rather than teams, but I guess it's required from a marketing perspective. And Crosby will be the poster boy because the only young players with a similar skill level are European (and for marketing purposes they will be discriminated against)

Crosby is still THE poster boy, but IMO there has been an increased focus on Ovechkin and Malkin since Crosby missed the All-Star game, Malkin went on a tear and Ovie won the Hart and Art Ross. Crosby seems to be about the only thing the NHL can sell in the States though. Some posters figure he's got the same kind of clean-cut appeal as Payton Manning, which I kind of see.

I think the only thing the league can do is focus on players - the Leafs, Canadiens, Red Wings, etc. probably aren't very marketable in non-hockey markets and I doubt there's too many heated rivalries in the South-East division. Crosby sells in a league that isn't very good at selling its product.

He did start off with the rep of crying over the smallest of infractions but he has toned it down as he's matured. I always thought he was emmulating Gretzky in that respect but when it comes right down to it,,,,,who in his right mind would not want either of those two ( Wayne in his playing days) in their lineup?

• 2 months later...
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqR17KrLKw

Unfortunately that's like the only video showing it.

I find it kind of weird that this is the first time I saw this and it happened 5 days ago.

uhh, what's got people upset isn't the punch to the head, it's the low blows to the groin... what's even sadder for Crosby is the player, Boris Valabik, said he didn't even feel it...

Crosby didn't even get tossed for being 'third man in'... it was roughing penalties all-around...

Crosby didn't even get tossed for being 'third man in'... it was roughing penalties all-around...

that's what i don't understand: maybe i should watch it again but he definitely looks like the 3rd man. i can't believe he wasn't tossed for that. must have been the same reffing tandem we had against carolina on sunday. ;)

Definetly should of been tossed, the only explanation is because is name is Crosby the cry baby or because he didn't drop is gloves....BUT A DEFINIT SUSPENSION SHOULD OF BEEN IMPOSSED ESPECIALLY TRYING TO HIT A PLAYER IN THE GROIN LIKE THAT...WHAT IS THE NHL COMING TO

that might be the reason for the non-call: if no one 'drops the gloves' than there's no fight - just roughing penalties -and if there's no fight, there's no 3rd man. technically, it makes sense. not exactly a crosby highlight but it might offer an explanation other than blatant favouritism.

Especially trying to hit a player in the private like that and you can tell that its so premidated and not call for....No suspension because is name is Crosby but let a player like BGL do that and a suspension is established before the end of the game...Total ***** from the NHL and kids are supposed to look up to a player like that what a joke...Crosby was always sneaky and will always be sneaky

Especially trying to hit a player in the private like that and you can tell that its so premidated and not call for....No suspension because is name is Crosby but let a player like BGL do that and a suspension is established before the end of the game...Total ***** from the NHL and kids are supposed to look up to a player like that what a joke...Crosby was always sneaky and will always be sneaky

I wouldn't that was premeditated. Bertuzzi was premediated, this was simply crosby coming to the aid of one of his teammates or to get revenge on that player for whatevr happened which caused the fight in the first place. Thee original shot to back of the head, however, was nearly identical to that which bertuzzi landed on Moore, without the premeditation of course. The punch to the groin wasn't intentional as you could tell from Crosby's reaction. That first shot to the back of the head on a very vulnerable player while being the third-man-in should at the very least have been a misconduct. A suspension would have been more appropriate in my opinion at least for a game.

that might be the reason for the non-call: if no one 'drops the gloves' than there's no fight - just roughing penalties -and if there's no fight, there's no 3rd man. technically, it makes sense. not exactly a crosby highlight but it might offer an explanation other than blatant favouritism.
.... unlike his high-stick goal last night .... :D:lol: (yeah, it was close, but I thought it was over the 4 feet required .... i mean just how short is he?!? Had to like the ref on the phone to upstairs, shooing Captain Crosby away when he's over at the box pleading his case :lol:

i didn't see the replay so i don't know but the way the league protects cros and his crap is disturbing. however, the calls have been bad enough this season that i don't think it's just his 'golden boy' status that's making the refs look bad. they're doing it all on their own and they should be fined for blatantly bad calls rather than just being vaguely 'held accountable' without consequences.

this is why people think the game is fixed. <_<

Archived