The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Barry Melrose On The Hot Seat

I'm not sure if this is pressing news enough to be on the front page, if not move it to the Tampa thread.

The Globe and Mail reports there are rumblings of player unrest on the Lightning and some of it is directed at coach Barry Melrose who was just hired this past offseason.

It's not unrealistic to expect the Lightning's new and impulsive management team to pull the trigger this early in the season, especially after one coach [Denis Savard in Chicago] has already been fired this season.

Tampa Bay, one of just two teams without a victory, is 0-2-3 so far this season.

Barry should have never been put in the seat to begin with, IMHO.
And the owner(s) should never been allowed to buy the team. No wonder the GM left! They clear out any good D (Boyle), and sign up some slow has-been forwards (Roberts, Recchi). What a mess. I was just howling at the "pundits' picking Tampa as the surprise darkhorse for the NHL this season. Yeah, right! :lol:

And the owner(s) should never been allowed to buy the team. No wonder the GM left! They clear out any good D (Boyle), and sign up some slow has-been forwards (Roberts, Recchi). What a mess. I was just howling at the "pundits' picking Tampa as the surprise darkhorse for the NHL this season. Yeah, right! :lol:

I hope they don't ruin Stamkos. I'm not saying he should come into the NHL and dominate but I think he has 0 points so far and I havn't heard of him for a long time

Coach-O-Meter 3000 says.... New Threat Level STAMKOS.

"STAMKOS: You still have a job, and things are looking up, but you're not off the hook yet. You have to prove that you can get by on more than charm and good looks."

I love this blog. But, yea, they did just get their first win. In overtime, though, against Atlanta... Also I don't think that was the best team to raise a Stamkos, but whatever. Welcome to the NHL, kid.

I hope they don't ruin Stamkos. I'm not saying he should come into the NHL and dominate but I think he has 0 points so far and I havn't heard of him for a long time
Not sure who they have playing with him, but as I said before the season started, if they put him with Recchi and Roberts, he'd be skating up ice all by his lonesome. Those two aren't able to keep up anymore.

Archived