Canadiens de Montreal

Anaheim Ducks @ Montreal Canadiens | October 25, 7:00pm

AK-1

70 members have voted

1. 1. Game story for tonight?

• Ducks have already migrated towards the South, Canadien domination
    • Ducks gave a valiant effort, but the hunters (Habs) prevail, by close
    • Ducks come out flying, shredding the Habs to pieces
    • Ducks, well, win a close one with some help of the other birds in stripes.

MONTREAL CANADIENS (5-0-1) vs ANAHEIM DUCKS (2-5)

BELL CENTRE, MONTREAL
Saturday, October 25th
Puckdrop at 7:08pm

DSC01034.JPG

-------------

THE STARTING GOALTENDERS:
Jaroslav Halak #41 .......................................... Jean-Sébastien Giguere #30

94262682qf0.png

2-0-0 ........................ - RECORD - ........................ 2-4-0
.967 ................. - SAVE PERCENTAGE - ................. .901
1.00 ........................ - GAA - ........................ 2.81

-------------

POSSIBLE LINEUP FOR THE MONTREAL CANADIENS
Sergei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Alex Kovalev
Guillaume Latendresse - Saku Koivu - Alex Tanguay
Steve Bégin - Robert Lang - Tom Kostopoulos
Chris Higgins - Maxim Lapierre - Georges Laraque

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik - Patrice Brisebois
Francis Bouillon - Josh Gorges

Healthy scratches: Ryan O'Byrne, Mathieu Dandenault
Injuries: Andrei Kostitsyn ; day to day ; head injury

------------

TEAM LEADERS FOR THE MONTREAL CANADIENS
Goals: Saku Koivu, Alex Tanguay & Robert Lang (3)
Assists: Andrei Markov (9)

8459442.jpg8467338.jpg8456966.jpg

TEAM LEADERS FOR THE ANAHEIM DUCKS
Goals: François Beauchemin (3)
Assists: Travis Moen & Brad May (3)

------------

Special Teams Comparison
      PP%     PPG     PK%     SHG      
Montreal    17.9     5     85.2     2     
Anaheim    4.0      1      82.5     0

------------
KEY TO THE GAME:
- All out hustle: Yes, the Ducks will have played the night before in Ottawa against the Senators. Let's face it, playing very well for 60 minutes in back-to-back games is very hard. Knowing that, let's use that to our advantage. Skate, skate, skate. Also, hit the Ducks' defensemen, hammer them behind the net and disrupt their play, their timing, cause them to look over their shoulder every time they want to get to the puck and make a play with it. Eventually, as the game goes on, turnovers will come. Play hard for 60 consecutive minutes, and take the 2 points to the bank.

HABS NOTEBOOK:
Price-d down: After shedding nearly 30 pounds over the summer, Carey Price dropped a few more this week when he came down with a flu bug.

“I spent three days in bed, it was pretty boring,” explained Price. “But, I’m feeling much better now and with another night’s sleep, I’ll be ready to go.”

Brave blue-liners: Blocked shots were a hot topic in the Habs’ dressing room after practice, with rumors circulating that the league is looking into possibly forbidding players from sliding in order to block a shot.

“I definitely appreciate it when guys block shots,” said Price. “I think Mike [Komisarek] blocks as many as I do in game. He’s got the best save percentage on the team. They say that goaltenders are crazy but I would say that defensemen are even worse!”

It’s all in the technique: For a guy who makes a habit out of getting his body in front of flying pucks, Mike Komisarek doesn’t intend on changing his style, should the aforementioned rule come to fruition.

“I usually put a knee down and try and cover as much space as possible,” said the NHL’s reigning shot blocker and current league leader with 27. “It’s risky to slide with your whole body because you’re taking yourself out of the game. I use my stick as much as possible and make sure I’m well-positioned. It’s a part of the game that I work on a lot.”

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=388378

----------------
LATEST HABS' UPDATE:
Christopher Higgins will make his season debut with the Canadiens tonight against the Anaheim Ducks. Higgins, who has been sidelined by a groin injury, said he expects to start the game on the fourth line with Georges Laraque and Maxim Lapierre but he'll probably finish the game with Robert Lang and Tom Kostopoulos.

And Andrei Kostitsyn, who suffered a concussion last week, moved one step closer to a return when he joined his teammates for the morning skate. He could be back for next Tuesday's game against Carolina.

Jaroslav Halak starts in goal tonight while Ryan O'Byrne and Mathieu Dandenault are the healthy scratches.

http://habsinsideout.com/
----------------

The game can be seen on:
rdshd.jpg (Français) cbchd.jpg (English)

The game can be heard on:
CKAC (Français) ~ CJAD (English)

ENJOY THE GAME!
DINNER IS SERVED!

Sitting%20Ducks.jpg

Great thread AK as usual :)

Finally some Habs hockey, was this week long or what? Hopefully the guys will give a better effort than they did last year against Anaheim and I also hope that Giguère won't continue the trend of Québécois goalies playing on their head at the Bell Centre :rolleyes:

I didn't have any new idea for a cartoon so I'm pulling out last year's ;)

duckhunt.png

Finally some Habs hockey, was this week long or what? Hopefully the guys will give a better effort than they did last year against Anaheim and I also hope that Giguère won't continue the trend of Québécois goalies playing on their head at the Bell Centre :rolleyes:

duckhunt.png

:lol: This is good stuff,but i doubt it'll be that easy.

Yes, great, entertaining thread, AK.

Watched parts of Ottawa vs. Anaheim tonight (yawn :D ):

• Sens continue to look rather disorganized
  • Marchant scored one of the weirder goals you'll ever see -- you'll have to catch it on highlights
  • Selanne playing with Marchant and Moen :blink: ("and to think I could have signed with the Habs and got real linemates!" :lol: ). His icetime limited somewhat by all Anaheim's penalties.
  • Anaheim just gives up a raft of PP's !! 7 on the night including a 5-on-3 (so figuratively, 8)-- amazing; good night tomorrow for the Habs to get the PP going
  • 7 of Anaheim's 8 minors were for hooking!! Big lugs that can't skate fast; Habs will hopefully be skating hard and fast tomorrow
  • All in all good result for the Habs: Sens lose, Anaheim wins (hope that makes them content for the weekend :D ); and Ducks cave some with a poor third period (nice trend going into tomorrow's game)
  • 4th line for the Ducks played all of 3 minutes (and got into a couple of fights). Seemed Coach Carlisle had the pedal to the metal to make sure they won and he got to keep his job. Another good sign for tomorrow.
  • Piano came crashing to the ice as Geltzlaf scored his first goal of the season (ahhh, it fell off his back)
  • Anaheim's game is a lot of shovelling the puck to the front of the net where big Duck bodies park and whale away at the puck (even after the whistle has blown ;) ); I hope Carbo's got the Hab players / defence well aware of that for tomorrow. Price's bigger body would stand up to it better than Halak's, theoretically
  • I think maybe Anaheim's game (big, slow, lots of penalties) is going the way of the dodo bird. ;)

And I see Brodeur's save % took a dent tonight (finally!!); gave up 5 as Philly finally wins a game (and saves Coach Stevens his job).

duckhunt.png

lol!!!! With an AK27 Automatic Rifle???

We have a permit you know..

that is so priceless!!!!! I Love it.

But in all seriousness, i hope Obyrns gets this message that is being sent, and starts showing his defensive responsiblities the next time he plays!!

Go HABS Go

Some very fun posts. Nice cartoon and team information to start the thread by AK.

I think all of the Montreal Canadien fans have gone goofy with the long gap between the Monday game and the Saturday game. I went goofy but have no artist talent.

Will the Habs be rusty or well rested? Either way Montreal should be able to beat the Ducks.

The Ducks played on Friday night in Ottawa.

I wonder if BG will call anyone up from Hamilton for the Saturday game.

It appears that Price will backup Halak as his flu is gone. However the status of Higgins, Laraque, and Andrei Kostitsyn are based on everything I have read still unknown. I would not be shocked if Weber gets a one game callup. Weber is blasting shots from the point for the Bull Dogs just like he was in the pre-season. The Ducks take A LOT of penalties. Let's make the Ducks pay for the penalties with 3 or more PP goals. Would be a good game for Kovalev to get a couple of goals.

Otherwise I think that Sergie Kostitsyn will get some time on the point as his point shot should help the PP return to the best in the NHL.

5-2 win for Montreal. Free wings!!!! Seems correct given the fact that the Ducks are similar to Chickens.

duckhunt.png

Hahaha, I'm sending that to my Duck fan friend. :lol:

duckhunt.png

lol too funny, I hope the boys don't take them too lightly and expect an easy game, Like Mondays game

I'm bring my friend for his first taste of a Montreal Canadiens hockey game at the Bell Center :) His only exposure to live hockey has been Boston/Providence. Go Habs Go!

Oh and The Moustache! It's magical...

QUACK!

i wonder if your friend is from my neck of the woods. i go to providence games all the time, right down the street.

Game day threads are evolving this season. Another most impressive one, nice job. :)

I would very much like to see a game that didn't devolve into Laraque necessitated shenanigans. This might be too much to ask of a weary ducks club though, so I expect to see a little bit of a mess and some cheap shots and intimidation. Hopefully we can manage enough time playing actual hockey to be effective on the ice.

I would assume another boring game, but the ducks are obviously struggling so there is the potential for some entertainment here. We will need a strong performance from Halak yet again and he is normally up to the task.

Can't wait to see the lineup. Really hoping Bouillon isn't forced to the wing again. If he is though, I hope he manages to wrangle another goal, could come in handy.

Go HABS Go!

Archived