The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Face-off Results

Janooo

I am not sure how face-offs are tracked for the stats. Is it win/lose all the time? Could it be a draw/undecided as well?

Let's assume that two opposite players face-off each other the whole game. If one wins 55% does it mean that the other wins 45% or it could be less for the second player?

Thanks...

I am not sure how face-offs are tracked for the stats. Is it win/lose all the time? Could it be a draw/undecided as well?

Let's assume that two opposite players face-off each other the whole game. If one wins 55% does it mean that the other wins 45% or it could be less for the second player?

Thanks...

as far as i know its a 60-40 situation

yes, i believe this is correct. In the case where it appears to be a draw (i.e. the centres tie one another up) then the team gaining possession is credited with the FOW.

Past Faceoff experts like Joel Otto used to do this all the time when faced with a tough opponent (tie up the other centre) and therefore "won" in a sense because the ultimate goal is getting your team possession, regardless of how they get it.

yes, i believe this is correct. In the case where it appears to be a draw (i.e. the centres tie one another up) then the team gaining possession is credited with the FOW.

Past Faceoff experts like Joel Otto used to do this all the time when faced with a tough opponent (tie up the other centre) and therefore "won" in a sense because the ultimate goal is getting your team possession, regardless of how they get it.

Shouldnt that be considered interference now, as no player actually touched the puck? :lol:

Archived