Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Face-off Results


Janooo

Recommended Posts

I am not sure how face-offs are tracked for the stats. Is it win/lose all the time? Could it be a draw/undecided as well?

Let's assume that two opposite players face-off each other the whole game. If one wins 55% does it mean that the other wins 45% or it could be less for the second player?

Thanks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure how face-offs are tracked for the stats. Is it win/lose all the time? Could it be a draw/undecided as well?

Let's assume that two opposite players face-off each other the whole game. If one wins 55% does it mean that the other wins 45% or it could be less for the second player?

Thanks...

as far as i know its a 60-40 situation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes, i believe this is correct. In the case where it appears to be a draw (i.e. the centres tie one another up) then the team gaining possession is credited with the FOW.

Past Faceoff experts like Joel Otto used to do this all the time when faced with a tough opponent (tie up the other centre) and therefore "won" in a sense because the ultimate goal is getting your team possession, regardless of how they get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes, i believe this is correct. In the case where it appears to be a draw (i.e. the centres tie one another up) then the team gaining possession is credited with the FOW.

Past Faceoff experts like Joel Otto used to do this all the time when faced with a tough opponent (tie up the other centre) and therefore "won" in a sense because the ultimate goal is getting your team possession, regardless of how they get it.

Shouldnt that be considered interference now, as no player actually touched the puck? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...