Team Leaders

Canadiens
Goals: Alex Tanguay (6)
Assists: Andrei Markov (10)
Power Play Goals: Alex Tanguay (3)

Islanders
Goals: Trent Hunter (4)
Assists: Doug Weight (6)
Power Play Goals: Doug Weight & Mark Streit (2)

Previous Games

Canadiens vs Wild: Canadiens Win 2-1. Recap

Islanders vs Flyers: Flyers win 3-2 in overtime. Recap

Television/Radio Broadcasts for Tonight's Game

Television: RDS
Radio: CJAD (English), CKAC (French)

*Sorry for posting this slightly early, I won't be here tomorrow so I had to post this today.

Very nice game thread, I like the pic of Joey MacDonald as he is from my home town/county. Sorry Joey, I can't support you in this one :) . Anyway, I hope the Isles' books are packed cause Habs are going to take them to school. Price is on a tear and Tanguay will kill ya. I want a classic Miltie GO HABS GO!!

I am expecting BIG games from Higgins and Komisarek. Both of them being from NY I want Higgins to break through on the scoresheet and Komisarek to take it to Comrie. Komisarek needs a new, and famous, girlfriend, so maybe Duff is the right stuff for him. He just needs to topple her current boyfriend, then swoop in and steal her away! Mwhahahahaha! :lol:

Also, watch our for Trent Hunter. I feel like he burns us everytime we play against the Isles. <_<

It is time for Montreal to destroy another team. Keep the players going for more goals no matter how big a lead we get against the pathetic Islanders.

I think Price will get the start. But with the big break until the next game and the fact that the Islanders suck pond water I would not be shocked if Halak gets the start.

7-1 win (Price) or 6-2 win (Halak) for Montreal. My guess.

Pleks will finally get a couple of points in a game. I thought he scored when he took the nice feed from Andrei Kostitsyn last night. I heard the post but thought it was the good post noise but instead the puck when over the glass. Pleks will get it going and why not start against the lowly Islanders.

End of the road trip it is very possible that Montreal will be 10-1-1 (Islanders, Blue Jackets, Laffs). Now that is a nice start to the season. Points early in the season make getting into the playoffs a lot easier in Feb/March. Easier to get to first in the East for two straight years.

It is time for Montreal to destroy another team. Keep the players going for more goals no matter how big a lead we get against the pathetic Islanders.

I think Price will get the start. But with the big break until the next game and the fact that the Islanders suck pond water I would not be shocked if Halak gets the start.

Pleks will finally get a couple of points in a game. I thought he scored when he took the nice feed from Andrei Kostitsyn last night. I heard the post but thought it was the good post noise but instead the puck when over the glass. Pleks will get it going and why not start against the lowly Islanders.

End of the road trip it is very possible that Montreal will be 10-1-1 (Islanders, Blue Jackets, Laffs). Now that is a nice start to the season. Points early in the season make getting into the playoffs a lot easier in Feb/March. Easier to get to first in the East for two straight years.

Let's hope your predictions come true. I'd love to see a blowout at this stage in order to get our slumping forwards back on track. It doesn't take much to open the floodgates.

I don't think we gonna win 7-1 or 6-2...

They lost only 4-2 against the Rangers

They lost only 3-2 against the Flyers in OT

This team is the worst in the NHL, no doubt about it...

My guess is 4-1... for Montreal...

Why?

To keep him fresh?

Time for Carbs to let the number one play until a reason is given not to.

To keep him fresh and increase his trade value - both extremely important objectives. Price played two good games so give him a break.

We should be able to win either way.

we need to run these guys over....if they want to prove that they are a cup contender then they need to destroy the isles, if we lose against them then something is wrong.

Even if we win by squeaking it out and our goaltender stealing it for us while the boys put out another 20-minute effort, something is wrong.

To keep him fresh and increase his trade value - both extremely important objectives. Price played two good games so give him a break.

1. We are not trading Halak he is vaulble insurance for Price. I don't want Denis as our back up in the playoffs.

2. We have back to back games coming up next weekend let Halak play one of those preferbley Friday vs. Columbus. no sence giving him a start now so Price can sit for over a week then go back to back right away.

Two games isn't enough to get a flow going. Halak has already had 3 games in the first 9 and will get another next week.

Time to start letting Price carry some momentum, rather than having him continuously cut short. Halak will definitely play next week.

Even if we win by squeaking it out and our goaltender stealing it for us while the boys put out another 20-minute effort, something is wrong.

opps i forgot that point, but its true though.

Awwz crap, Danis' in net. We're screwed. ;)

what is it..homegrown french tenders always play good against us. now is that at home or even while we are away?

Archived