The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Shootout Rules

Kronixx

I can see the argument, but I don't think anything was wrong with it. I'd prefer it was a timed event anyway, it would allow more creativity, but keep the limit short enough so it has to be fairly quick and exciting. Allow things like body fakes and wraparounds, for example.

Actually, thinking about it, that would add entertainment but detract from the validity as it would make it difficult on the goaltenders. Maybe timed for the skills competition.

I can see the argument, but I don't think anything was wrong with it. I'd prefer it was a timed event anyway, it would allow more creativity, but keep the limit short enough so it has to be fairly quick and exciting. Allow things like body fakes and wraparounds, for example.

Actually, thinking about it, that would add entertainment but detract from the validity as it would make it difficult on the goaltenders. Maybe timed for the skills competition.

Just so I understand what you're trying to say... Instead of skating towards the net and trying to score in one fluid motion like they're doing. You believe the skater should have (let's say) 10 seconds to score, meaning he can pick up his own rebound, as long as it's done within the 10 second marker.

Archived