The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Any Hockey Coaches Here?

GreekHockeyCoach

I was just wondering if any of the members here coach hockey and what level. I've been coaching for the last 15 years. I've coached every level of youth hockey from Mite to Midget AAA. This year I took a break from the big kids and I'm just coaching my little guy that plays Squirt A (ages 9-10), I believe it's Atom in Canada.

Any other coaches here?

just local, my brother and i both just play for the fun, we dont like traveling or having to do multiple practices during the week.

what about your team?

My team is a travel team. I live in D.C. now because my work brought me here after having lived my whole life in Montreal. I have regular season games that are a 4 hour drive down to Virginia Beach or as far up as Mercer New Jersey. Let's just say that in the past two months I've spent 4 weekends away.

This year is not so bad, last year was really stressful because I was coaching both my kids. My oldest played Midget AAA and we were all over the place. We traveled from New Hampshire down to South Carolina. Up to Toronto and Buffalo for tournaments then to Chicago and Tennessee. This year is dedicated solely to the little guy, I still assist on the big guy's team but I have no stress over conflicts because the little guy gets top priority.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been coaching my son for 6 years now. He is in his 1st year Bantam (13&14 year olds) He is in house league as he was the last cut from the B Team. He is listed as an affiliate player meaning if they need to call a player up due to injury or whatever, he's the guy they call. Last year he was in PeeWee and we had a great season, winning two tournaments, and comming second in two more along with runner-up in our league championships. I am coaching in Cole Harbour. All the kids want to be the next STAR out of Cole Harbour, after Crosby!

I've been coaching my son for 6 years now. He is in his 1st year Bantam (13&14 year olds) He is in house league as he was the last cut from the B Team. He is listed as an affiliate player meaning if they need to call a player up due to injury or whatever, he's the guy they call. Last year he was in PeeWee and we had a great season, winning two tournaments, and comming second in two more along with runner-up in our league championships. I am coaching in Cole Harbour. All the kids want to be the next STAR out of Cole Harbour, after Crosby!

That's great that you're involved in coaching, I love it.

On top of coaching hockey, I'm also a Scout Leader. I've been involved in that for 8 years.

Being so involved in the community has its advantages. I know alot of the kids and their parents. I also know where my son is in his 'free time', and who he is with.

Hey... I should start another thread to see how many other scouters are out there!

Archived