The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

All Star Game 2009

ColRouleBleu

Get ready to vote from November 12 (yep, that's next week) to January 2nd. Lets get as many Habs in this event as possible :) New thing this year, we wont have to vote for 12 players each time. The ballotting system will allow as few as one player per vote. All the details are on the nhl site http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=390204

I posted this in the General Habs discussion forum because the All Star game is part of the Habs Centennial activities this year.

Getting mentally ready to send 5,000 votes Markov's way again this year :)

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I think we should choose our own all star players here and narrow our voting focus to those players, so habs fans aren't sending in too many votes that won't be counted by electing for a long shot just because you like them. Good or bad idea?

Like we could try our best to get Markov and Komi there, or Price, it would be really cool to have the Kostitsyns vs. the Sedins, etc.

Personally, I'd go Price, Markov, Tanguay, Kovalev and Koivu, but if five is too many, I'm willing to focus more on Price, Markov, Koivu. Koivu's dedication and determination make him an all star, Markov should be a shoo in as a premier offensive defenseman and Price is running around the top of the pack for goaltenders this year, but could have difficulty asserting himself over the big established names.

As for the other two, I'd just like to see the smile on Kovalev's face that night and Tanguay could earn his own way in if he keeps performing well.

Get ready to vote from November 12 (yep, that's next week) to January 2nd. Lets get as many Habs in this event as possible :) New thing this year, we wont have to vote for 12 players each time. The ballotting system will allow as few as one player per vote. All the details are on the nhl site http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=390204

I posted this in the General Habs discussion forum because the All Star game is part of the Habs Centennial activities this year.

Getting mentally ready to send 5,000 votes Markov's way again this year :)

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I think we should choose our own all star players here and narrow our voting focus to those players, so habs fans aren't sending in too many votes that won't be counted by electing for a long shot just because you like them. Good or bad idea?

Like we could try our best to get Markov and Komi there, or Price, it would be really cool to have the Kostitsyns vs. the Sedins, etc.

Personally, I'd go Price, Markov, Tanguay, Kovalev and Koivu, but if five is too many, I'm willing to focus more on Price, Markov, Koivu. Koivu's dedication and determination make him an all star, Markov should be a shoo in as a premier offensive defenseman and Price is running around the top of the pack for goaltenders this year, but could have difficulty asserting himself over the big established names.

As for the other two, I'd just like to see the smile on Kovalev's face that night and Tanguay could earn his own way in if he keeps performing well.

Thanks for the heads up CRB and for creating the thread. I agree with Ric about Price, Markov and Koivu. However, I would love to see Kovy in the skills competition, he'd put on quite a show in front of the hometown fans. I felt that he deserved a spot on last year's team but he was passed up.

I will vote for Koivu and make all my friends do the same.. How can you not vote for him? All these years of dedication and now the all star game is at his house, he HAS to get in, Price will probably have 20 other chances to make it to the All Star game lol while its Koivu's best and last shot if if heeps it up. For Skills competition sake, Kovalev has to be there too. As far as Markov goes, we dont even need to vote, he will make it lol

My Votes: Koivu, Kovalev, Markov or whoever is dominating (Tanguay)

I think this season, if he wants to go, we need to get Kovalev in there. If he doesn't make it (after Hossa made it in Atlanta) then I will disappointed and shocked. Hossa was having a terrible year last season when he was invited to the game, solely because it was in Atlanta. Kovalev needs to be there this season. With his combination of skill and finesse he will surely be able to provide some added entertainment for the audience! Deke, deke, deke, goal! :)

Andrei Markov

Alexei Kovalev

(Definitely need to be there)

Saku Koivu

Alex Tanguay

Tomas Plekanec

Carey Price

(May have a chance at making it)

I think this season, if he wants to go, we need to get Kovalev in there. If he doesn't make it (after Hossa made it in Atlanta) then I will disappointed and shocked. Hossa was having a terrible year last season when he was invited to the game, solely because it was in Atlanta. Kovalev needs to be there this season. With his combination of skill and finesse he will surely be able to provide some added entertainment for the audience! Deke, deke, deke, goal! :)

Andrei Markov

Alexei Kovalev

(Definitely need to be there)

Saku Koivu

Alex Tanguay

Tomas Plekanec

Carey Price

(May have a chance at making it)

I'm going to have to agree with you JR. It will be phenomenal watching Kovy in the skills competition and it the actual game where players won't be playing as hard and he'll have open space to show off some of his stickhandling. The fans will go crazy and I'll bet you that most of the NHL'ers will be saying "wow" as well.

I guess in the end whoever gets to go gets to go. It's hard to say they don't desearve to go. Markov/Koivu/Tanguay will all desearve to go if they get voted in. If Kovy and his linemates start playing well after their last third period outburst then I'm sure they all could vie for a spot as well. Price has been playing well most of the games so he is also a consideration. Usually the team who is hosting the game gets to have the most players. Provided these guys can put up enough points I hope to see a starting line of Tanguay/Koivu/Kovalev with Markov on defense and Price in nets. That might be a bit much to ask, but who knows.

after watching last year's skills competition, I realllyyyyy wanted to see kovy do the last competition.. I don't remember the name but the payers had to make the nicest goal and they were given scores... ovechkin and getzlaf were the finalists.. kovy would be awesome and would make the whole crowd crazy :D

after watching last year's skills competition, I realllyyyyy wanted to see kovy do the last competition.. I don't remember the name but the payers had to make the nicest goal and they were given scores... ovechkin and getzlaf were the finalists.. kovy would be awesome and would make the whole crowd crazy :D

It was the breakaway competition and I wasn't impressed with the creativity. Kovy would have won it easily.

Does anyone think that with Brodeur's injury and him being out for up to four months will open the door for Price to get into the All-Star game?

CP31 will have no better or worse chance with Brodeur out.

There is a lot of competetion for that position in the East.

Miller, Lundqvist,Smith,Voukon,Fleury.

I think Carey has a better chance than Voukon, and Fleury. So let the games begin.

CAREY, CAREY, CAREY

CP31 will have no better or worse chance with Brodeur out.

There is a lot of competetion for that position in the East.

Miller, Lundqvist,Smith,Voukon,Fleury.

I think Carey has a better chance than Voukon, and Fleury. So let the games begin.

CAREY, CAREY, CAREY

Yup, I expect it to be Lundqvist and Price leading the way, with Fleury after that (it is three goalies, right?).

I would say Markov is a shoe in for the all star game. Koivu deserves a shot too as his play this season is great. Koivu leads the league in plus minus. He has at least a point in 8 of the 10 games this season. He is on pace to have a career year.

Kovalev, except for a four point game versus the Islanders, has virtually disappeared this season. He is a remarkable talent ,but hold off on the all star talk just yet.

Does anyone think that with Brodeur's injury and him being out for up to four months will open the door for Price to get into the All-Star game?

It definitely has created an open space that Price could take advantage of he keeps up the good play. I think Ryan Miller will be there for sure. Who else, who else? Tim Thomas maybe? Cam Ward maybe? Marc-Andre Fleury maybe?

Lundqvist for sure!

The door is open for Price to get in. Maybe we can vote him in as a starter!

Archived