The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ruutu Suspended 2 Games

js2

I can't believe how lenient this issue in handled, do you really think the Senators are thinking "O No we lost Ruutu for 2 games, well pencil in 2 L's until then I guess." and the same goes for Kostopoulous, nobody cares because these are nobody players.

If we want to stop headshots it has to a swift and strict movement which 2 things happen:

1. Suspend the "goon" or whatever for the amount of games like already is being done, but hit him in the pocket HARD like I'm talking a hundred grand or more to send a swift message on top of the suspended games without pay.

2. This is what I think will get things moving quickly, if a player is deemd guilty of an illegal shot to the head, the team's top player accoring to annual salary cap hit (in our case persay its Tanguay in Ottawa Heatley) is suspended with pay for the same amount of games. Lets see how often a coach takes the leash off the goon if they risk losing one of their better players for a few games.

At least they gave him something..........

"at least" isn't good enough anymore

ruutu gets LESS than kosto for a much more dangerous play where there was obvious intent to square up the head. i've tried not to be as critical of the league as a lot of other ppl, but this is an absolute farce now. whatever.. we all love the violence of it anyways, might as well see someone die on the ice in my lifetime... friggin joke.. 2 games.. ugh. and to think i've always liked jarkko

About what I expected. Fact of life I suppose, that "more damage, more suspension". If Lapierre was going to be out 4-6 weeks (like Van Ryn), then I suspect Ruutu's suspension would have been at least 5 games.

Ruutu can just thank his lucky stars that Bouillon got to him before Laraque did. ;):D Ruutu would not have been in any physical (or mental) condition to play for at least the next two Sens games, if he had. :lol:

He's an idiot...see the way he taunted the crowd??....this guy had better watch out next game or maybe Spezza or Alfie or Heatley....I don't want to see this stuff happen but you don't put it out there that you're an Avery or Tucker without expecting some kind of retribution...that was a head shot clear and simple and the intent was there ....I'd love to see Laraque take care of this guy next game

He's an idiot...see the way he taunted the crowd??....this guy had better watch out next game or maybe Spezza or Alfie or Heatley....I don't want to see this stuff happen but you don't put it out there that you're an Avery or Tucker without expecting some kind of retribution...that was a head shot clear and simple and the intent was there ....I'd love to see Laraque take care of this guy next game
I am sure the Habs (including Laraque) would just leave those guys out of it .... I doubt any of them, or the Sens Coach (he looked none too pleased on TSN at the time), were too enthused with Ruutu's elbow, or his antics. And I don't think any of them had a hand in bringing the guy to the team.

All those guys are already suffering enough, by having him on their team. :D

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255597&lid...s=headlines_nhl

Now Brian Murray, he'd be good to put on the ice for Laraque! :lol: The guy's a dope:

"... elbow....I felt deflected off the shoulder to the head." he says
:blink:

Oh, let me see ... isn't it Murray that hand-picked this guy and foisted him on the Sens coach and players? <_<

Yeah, another great move there, Murray!! Ya dope! :D

Maybe the Kovalev Express needs to make a stop in Ruutuville and send Jarkko to Knockout city like he did Darcy Tucker in 0-6.

Archived