The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Announcement Coming?

pitbull12

From hockeybuzz,

"Yesterday rumours were rampant as to a pending press conference that could occur as early as today involving Montreal as they are reportedly about to announce a "big signing." Word is unclear as to whether the pc will take place today, tomorrow or Thursday and as to whether or not we are talking about an extension or a UFA. As I have said previously, don't count out Shanahan in Montreal. I will continue to stay on top of this"

I'd certainly take it, but I'm not holding my breath right now. Here's hoping he's right though.

That would be good, because if he's signed this early that means it's probably for a reasonable price (4-5 million). If Komisarek was demanding over 5 million, he may get it, but not until closer to July 1.

I wouldn’t be to optimistic while waiting for any “announcement “ from Gainey. I know there are many, including myself that would love to hear of a super-trade that would bring us a much needed top 4 D-man and perhaps another sniper. You might want to rein-in your expectations a little for now.

While Gainey might be a little concerned, I sure he will fall back to his comfort zone of wait-and-see, taking comfort in the team stats still in the first quarter, before looking at a trade.

# of points after 17 games

08/09 – 22

07/08 – 23

06/07 – 23

Record after 17 games

08/09 – 10-5-2

07/08 – 10-4-3

06/07 – 10-4-3

Archived