The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mcfarlane Toys

FlHabsFan

Wasnt sure where to put this. It covers 3 current players and The Rocket.

Anywho, looks like in March of 09 you can expect an Alex Tanguay and a Carey Price statue to come out

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3896

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3897

Theres also a special All Star Game Saku Koivu

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3865

And this came out this month. The Maurice Richard statue

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3728

Just wanted to make people aware of this if they didnt know.

Upper Deck is also releasing some figurines, but MAN they are terrible.

In the Beckett they showed some pictures of them. Their Price figurine has large, pointy shoulders, a small skinny body (looks like he has NO equipment underneath his jersey), a tiny stick, and he still has a white helmet on.

The faces also look weird, Sidney Crosby looks like a chimp. They're like cheap knockoff toys.

I'm buying a McFarlane Price figurine, since the sculpting is a whole lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

My Mcfarlane collection consist of the following:

1. #60 Jose Theodore

2. #24 Chris Chelios

3. #20 Pete Mahovlich

4. #1 Tony Esposito

5. #12 Yvon Cournoyer

6. #4 Jean Beliveau

7. #9 Rocket Richard

8. #10 Guy Lafleur , all are as habs

9. #10 Guy Lafleur as a Quebec Nordique.

I would like to add Ken Dryden & Bob Gainey to the collection,hoping that Mcfarlane comes out with them in the near future.

Just wanted to share this with my fellow habs fans. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Upper Deck is also releasing some figurines, but MAN they are terrible.

In the Beckett they showed some pictures of them. Their Price figurine has large, pointy shoulders, a small skinny body (looks like he has NO equipment underneath his jersey), a tiny stick, and he still has a white helmet on.

The faces also look weird, Sidney Crosby looks like a chimp. They're like cheap knockoff toys.

I'm buying a McFarlane Price figurine, since the sculpting is a whole lot better.

I think we forget just how good the McFarlane toys are. Before he came along all toys looked like the crappy upper deck ones. McFarlane, being an accomplished artist himself understood the value of hiring real sculptors & artists. Having the technology to now sculpt large & have them scaled down via laser doesnt hurt either. ;)

Oh yeah and if/when that dryden figure comes out, you can bet dollars for donuts it will be of him in his famous pose as shown by RocketPower.

This was according to a owner of a collectable store my brother talked to last year --

he said it was on hold for some reason -- anyone ? .

Thats the one I really want to be made -- Dryden -just the coolest Goalie ever :D .

Maybe they require Dryden's approval before creating and releasing a figure of him.

And seeing how reluctant he is to do autograph signings then it wouldn't suprise me that it's on hold..............probably forever :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on the quality of the new figures? (Not including the Kovalev fig.)

I've seen the Kovalev one, and it looks horrid.

I even wrote an e-mail to the developers before they distributed Kovalev, explaining that the artistic details were WAY OFF. I recieved an e-mail back explaining, that it was orginally a Teemu Selanne fig, and they changed to Kovalev since Teemu was out for most of the season. They also told me they'd fix the problems, but THEY DIDN'T...

So basically, they just took the Teemu fig. with its details, and put the Saint Flannel over it.

I'm hoping the new figs. are better.

Archived