The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal Interested In Sergei Zinovjev?

pitbull12

no we need scoring from our own danglers, not adding more. we need a canadian/american style kid, alittle less fancy but more determined and not afraid to go into the hot spots on the ice.

Yes it would be nice if our danglers would score, but they are not...IMO we need something to wake our players up, and this guy looks like a good player and might just be the answer we are looking for. He is a finisher if you look at the video on YouTube, and we need that on the team.

Sergei Vinovjev highlights

Yes it would be nice if our danglers would score, but they are not...IMO we need something to wake our players up, and this guy looks like a good player and might just be the answer we are looking for. He is a finisher if you look at the video on YouTube, and we need that on the team.

considering this highlight collection video i'd call him a sniper, not a dangler. and whatever style he plays, he obviously is very capable of scoring, goes to the slot and you can also find him in front of the net. like j2c already said: he seems to be a finisher, and i totally agree: that's what this team needs right now. i'm still hoping that gainey acquires a #4 defenceman, but this guy might be able to help our offense (if only by shaking it up) and if he were to be available i say go out and get him!

After watching that video I think it's at least worth giving him a second shot at the NHL...Why not take a chance and see if he can't make goals like that happen at this level.

The Montreal Canadiens have some interest in Russian forward Sergei Zinovjev, who wants out of his KHL team Ak Bars Kazan. Zinovjev is reportedly unhappy with his coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov and has stated he wants to move teams, although Ak Bars could refuse to let their star go. Brochu's take: For more on Zinovjev's situation, read here. Source

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/

i think he is worth the gamble.

From the video, he plays similar to a.kostitsyn. Drives hard to the net and has good skating ability, alreasy an improvement of latendresse. kidding :P

This.

btw: why the smiley? objectively spoken, you're right with your statement about zinovjev being an improvement over lats (if he's able to bring the same style of game in a regular basis in the nhl that he shows in the youtube video). like you said: he's worth teh gamble ;)

how would we make room for this guy?

if he fits in then we're able to trade an expendable forward to a team in need of scoring or just another forward in order to get that #4 defenceman we lack. it would immediately put us in a better position trade-wise and could indirectly land us another asset needed to improve our team.

The Montreal Canadiens have some interest in Russian forward Sergei Zinovjev, who wants out of his KHL team Ak Bars Kazan. Zinovjev is reportedly unhappy with his coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov and has stated he wants to move teams, although Ak Bars could refuse to let their star go. Brochu's take: For more on Zinovjev's situation, read here. Source

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/

So, he's having a difficulty with his coach in Russia.

Archived