Ahl Team Location

SteenIsThaFuture

Ahl Team Location  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Where Should Our AHL Team Go?

• Hamilton
    • Montreal
    • Somewhere Else (Please State)

I was wondering recently whether it would be a good idea or not if our AHL team moved to Montreal.

Pros would be it would be closer but also the prospects would have to face the local media from day one of going pro.

Mods if this belongs in the system my bad.

I also wonder how everyone thinks our AHL team would do attendance wise in this city.

I'm not proposing a move since I don't know where they would play here nor do I know their committments at the moment to Hamilton.

Whatever they do please don't let them move it to Montreal in the future! I can just imagine how much the prospects will be scrutinized by local/national media. Hamilton seems fine, and to my knowledge there's not much else there to cheer for right now outside of their poor CFL team and maybe the Bills in Buffalo. Let them have their AHL team, too!

Hamilton makes sense, it is close enough to get the guys there when needed (and hopefully their equipment too :P ) but far enough to be out of the media glare.....a good medium sized city to let the Europeans and small town guys get used to a city before Montreal....and an owner who is a devoted Habs fan who is willing to spend the money.........that said I think the AHL is looking to go back Down East and that would also be a fairly easy commute.....and of course there are always the Hamilton NHL rumours.......a long shot ;) . Most of all!!! us loyal long time Habs fans in the GTA need something to hang on to :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Hamilton makes sense, it is close enough to get the guys there when needed (and hopefully their equipment too :P ) but far enough to be out of the media glare.....a good medium sized city to let the Europeans and small town guys get used to a city before Montreal....and an owner who is a devoted Habs fan who is willing to spend the money.........that said I think the AHL is looking to go back Down East and that would also be a fairly easy commute.....and of course there are always the Hamilton NHL rumours.......a long shot ;) . Most of all!!! us loyal long time Habs fans in the GTA need something to hang on to :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

That would be the reason I can see to move them, if the city gets an NHL club.

When Edmonton decided to sell the team out in order to (eventually) create the Roadrunners/Marlies!!! :lol: :lol:

Edmonton sold the team? Did they actually own it? I thought the agreement just wasn't renewed.

And swansee, just curious, were you an Edmonton fan back then?

I hope there is not even a thought of moving the team.. I am a 'Dogs season ticket holder and I do what I can to encourage more people to go to the games... its good hockey and a good family atmosphere... The staff are great to work with on special occasions other matters... if there was a way that we could get more ppl there, I would help in a hartbeat.. there is not a bad seat in the rink, and is easy to get in and out before and after the game...

I was there when we won the Calder Cup and Copps was crazy...it was a great thing to hear the arena go nuts!!!

GO DOGS!

• 2 months later...

I became a Bulldogs fan because of the Has affiliation. Got out to a few games and before I knew it I was buying season tickets.

If dogs where to loose the Hab affiliation, I would now remain a fan. Some really great hockey being played at this level. They never give up. Who let the dogs out are goal them song will always be music to my ears.

Of course I was a born a habs fan, With season tickets there in family and I will die one.

I find it very satisfying to see games in Montreal with dogs grads playing hearts out.

Archived