The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal Canadiens Vs Washington Capitals | Friday November 28, 2008 At 7:00pm Est

risteenhuis

Montreal Canadiens (12-5-4) VS Washingston Capitals (12-7-3)

Friday November 28, 2008 7:00 PM EST at the Verizon Center

Stop Ovechkin and Montreal will win this game. Partially stop Ovechkin and Montreal should be able to beat Thoedore and win. Don't stop Ovechkin and the only way that Montreal wins is a big game from the PP and Kovalev. Montreal should have lots of confidence after beating the Red Wings. My prediction is 5-3 win for Montreal.

Projected starting goalies:

halak.jpg

Jaroslav Halak statistics

2 win, 1 losses, 1 OT losses

2.46 GAA

.917 Sv%

theodore.jpg

Season statistics for Jose Theodore

7 wins, 4 loss, 1 OT losses

3.24 GAA

.885 Sv%

Player to watch.

ovechkin.jpg

Watch the game on RDS (French)

Listen to the game on CJAD (English) or CKAC (French)

Awesome FS1975, thanks for stepping up to make this thread. Let's hope you go two for two :)

I hope so also. Not nearly as nice as some of the game threads. But I only had a few minutes this morning to edit the Red Wings post to make it say Washington. Anyone can make the game day thread. No skill required just look at my game day threads :D:rolleyes: Hopefully someone creates the Saturday game day introduction for the home game against the Sabres.

Oh man, Jose Theodore against the Montreal Canadiens! That's pretty exciting. I was a big Theodore fan during his MVP season, but I guess I lost interest in him when he started to fall from grace in Montreal. I hope he succeeds (relatively... he cannot succeed more than MTL) where he is now, but for Friday night... Let's shell him! :lol:

Also, Ovechkin is heating up! We had better watch out for him. Is Gorges up to the challenge?

Oh man, Jose Theodore against the Montreal Canadiens! That's pretty exciting. I was a big Theodore fan during his MVP season, but I guess I lost interest in him when he started to fall from grace in Montreal. I hope he succeeds (relatively... he cannot succeed more than MTL) where he is now, but for Friday night... Let's shell him! :lol:

Also, Ovechkin is heating up! We had better watch out for him. Is Gorges up to the challenge?

OV has said a few times that he gets pretty 'cranked' for games against the Habs, but moreso when the game is in MTL. Hopefully he won't eat us alive like last year < 4 goals 2 assists in one game! > GO HABS!

let's not forget about semin. i still remember a ridiculous goal he scored on souray a couple of years ago...is o'byrne up to the challenge?!

from the goaltender i loved to the goaltender i didn't. here's hoping the boys light him up early and often - i want to see the players who remember him well get under his skin. :D

Theodore what a lazy player. He was good in Montreal, got a fat contract and then sucked.

He was good last year in the last year of his fat contract, and then sucked again.

But Ovechkin can score... I think our goalies are going to see their stats worsen, whichever one plays.

The habs will win this game 8-5, it will be a scoring fest.

Man, another game already? What happened to the 5-day breaks between games we were getting. I mean, I got laundry to do, you know! :lol:

Man, another game already? What happened to the 5-day breaks between games we were getting. I mean, I got laundry to do, you know! :lol:
(I guess, I'll just wear the same "lucky underwear" I had on, on Wednesday night! :lol:)

I hate playing Washington. Ovechkin seems to bring his A++ game whenever he plays us. For the love of God, keep O'Byrne away from Ovechkin's line.

:lol::lol:

Now Weep, you know we're on the road and Carbonneau can't do anything about O'Byrne and Ovechkin being matched up. I mean, he couldn't possibly try to match lines on the fly... or, if Washington takes an icing call, he wouldn't dare put out his line 2nd.

:lol::lol:

Now Weep, you know we're on the road and Carbonneau can't do anything about O'Byrne and Ovechkin being matched up. I mean, he couldn't possibly try to match lines on the fly... or, if Washington takes an icing call, he wouldn't dare put out his line 2nd.

:)

Funny how when push comes to shove, Carbonneau can find a way to match lines if he really wants to. He matched lines pretty well last night in Detroit, because the Wings are so good that you have no choice but to match lines or else die a quick, painful death. It's his silly philosophy and his ego that are getting in the way. Instead of arrogantly thinking we can just roll our lines without worrying about the other team, he needs to coach like he did last night every game, regardless of who we're facing.

On an unrelated note, JR, what type of pants would you be willing to eat if we can keep Ovechkin off the point sheet tomorrow night? :P

Semin à Ovechkin ... tirre, reception de rebond par O'Byrne --- et la BUT. Oy yoi yoi quelle tirre d'O'Byrne.

I can hear it now on RDS ....

:D

We have got to get Markov and Gorges out against Ovechkin whenever possible, take away his space, check him into the ice, and get him frustrated and off his game.

:)

Funny how when push comes to shove, Carbonneau can find a way to match lines if he really wants to. He matched lines pretty well last night in Detroit, because the Wings are so good that you have no choice but to match lines or else die a quick, painful death. It's his silly philosophy and his ego that are getting in the way. Instead of arrogantly thinking we can just roll our lines without worrying about the other team, he needs to coach like he did last night every game, regardless of who we're facing.

On an unrelated note, JR, what type of pants would you be willing to eat if we can keep Ovechkin off the point sheet tomorrow night? :P

I'm curious because the chance of this happening is NOT nil, we did it brilliantly last season :D

I'm curious because the chance of this happening is NOT nil, we did it brilliantly last season :D

Well, we did it very well on occasion, but I'd hardly say we had success in that area, considering what Ovechkin did to us during at least one game last season: 4 goals + 1 assist on the game-winner.

:D

We have got to get Markov and Gorges out against Ovechkin whenever possible, take away his space, check him into the ice, and get him frustrated and off his game.

I do see the logic in that Weep but I also understand the argument for not matching lines at all, which saves Carbo a lot of time and hassle.

If Ovechkin scores 3-4 goals against us again, then maybe, MAYBE, we should try matching lines.

I do see the logic in that Weep but I also understand the argument for not matching lines at all, which saves Carbo a lot of time and hassle.

I know, it's tough work matching lines instead of just rolling lines in sequence. :D

If Ovechkin scores 3-4 goals against us again, then maybe, MAYBE, we should try matching lines.

Hey, we're the mighty Montreal Canadiens, we don't need no stinkin' line matchups! Tremble before our second-round playoff exit! Fear our vaunted (23rd-ranked) PP! Just mail us the two points, please. We're that. damn. good. ;)

Archived