The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Patches On Jerseys, Help Please

Garthy18

Hi a silly question but one i need to ask so i get it right. Just bought my new habs jersey and seperately i bought the new 100 years and all star patches. Now before i stitch the patches on, the patches i have come in an official nhl pack and are as stiff as a board, are these the only ones they do or are there more floppy patches that are better for attatching to a jersey. i told you it was a silly question but thanks for any help. thankyou in advance

They are from a company called National embalem right? I bought them too.

Apparetley from what I have heard.. They put that stiff plastick backing on them so you wouldn't attach them to your jersey. Apparetley the NHL didn't want that for some reason. They are meant to be a collectors item only. There is even a message on the back of the patches saying attaching this patch to another item ruins its collectors value or something like that.

This is *****. I didn't know that when I bought them.. Now what am I supposed to do with them? I didn't even buy them from the net.. I bought them from LaCapsule Sportive at the Eaton Centre in Montreal.

Even if they where willing to take them back I live in Toronto and won't be back in Montreal till Feb 7th.. Man that sucks..

matey yes those are the same as my ones, way too stiff and probs break a sowing needle anyhow and yes it is *****, i have now ordered some from someone who says 'easy to se' we will see but i'm desperate to have my jersey to celebrate the centenary. Soon i might have 4 patches to put in my cupboard if these are the same stiff rubbish.

hey but that shop in the Eaton Centre, I love that shop, when i go to Montreal i'm sure they think I'm a pain in the arse just looking at stuff then walking out with just a cheap something or other

matey yes those are the same as my ones, way too stiff and probs break a sowing needle anyhow and yes it is *****, i have now ordered some from someone who says 'easy to se' we will see but i'm desperate to have my jersey to celebrate the centenary. Soon i might have 4 patches to put in my cupboard if these are the same stiff rubbish.

hey but that shop in the Eaton Centre, I love that shop, when i go to Montreal i'm sure they think I'm a pain in the arse just looking at stuff then walking out with just a cheap something or other

Yeah it is a great shop.. I am just frustrated that I live 500+ km away and I can't return these stupid things.. What point is a patch you can't attach to a jersey. If I knew that before I would not have bought them.

I bought my 2 patches at the Bell Centre for 20$ and they stick them on the jersey, then I go to a store called La capsule sportive and they sold each patch 20$ and they're not sticked on the jersey... The double of the price !!! If you haave the chance to go to the Bell Center I think this is the best place, I don,t know for the store, but inside the bell center, There is a place called personalised your jersey and it took 20 mins and they do the job ...

Hi a silly question but one i need to ask so i get it right. Just bought my new habs jersey and seperately i bought the new 100 years and all star patches. Now before i stitch the patches on, the patches i have come in an official nhl pack and are as stiff as a board, are these the only ones they do or are there more floppy patches that are better for attatching to a jersey. i told you it was a silly question but thanks for any help. thankyou in advance

Just to let you all know,i had these patches in question sewn on my jersey by use of a sewn machine,went on no problem.,was unable to be sewn on by hand. :P

Archived