The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nhl Holiday In Montreal - Januar/febr. 2009

Monty11

Hello,

am Monty from Germany. At the end of January 2009 i will visit Montreal

only to follow some Canadiens-Games.

I will be there from January 30 to February 8 th.

I will look for some tickets for the Games against the Kings, Bruins, Pens & Leafs.

After the week in Montreal i will travel to New York.

Now, i had some questions, about the Habs & the City.

Question 1:

I would like to buy the tickets via Internet. Can you give me some good Links to get some ? (i need 2 Tickets for every Game) I know Ticketmaster, ticktsnow and Stub/Hub. Do you know some good Ticketshops ?

Question 2:

Is it allowed to film or take Pictures with SLR Cams in the Arena ? Or is it allowed to use a standard Digicam ?

Question 3:

How cold is it in Montreal at the End January ? Will there be a lot of snow ? Is it possible to explore the City @ this time ?

Question 4:

Are there some good Sportsbars to watch Awaygames from the Habs and the Superbowl ?

Question 5:

Which good Hotel with min. *** is near the Bell Centre?

It would be great if someone of you could help me to answer my Questions.

Excuse my bad English.

Greetings from the greatest German Habsfan

Monty

Hello,

Question 1:

I would like to buy the tickets via Internet. Can you give me some good Links to get some ? (i need 2 Tickets for every Game) I know Ticketmaster, ticktsnow and Stub/Hub. Do you know some good Ticketshops ? you've listed alsmot all the tickets sites I use, there's also ticketliquidator that I know ship in Europe.

Question 2:

Is it allowed to film or take Pictures with SLR Cams in the Arena ? Or is it allowed to use a standard Digicam ? no filming but you can take as many photos as you want

Question 3:

How cold is it in Montreal at the End January ? Will there be a lot of snow ? Is it possible to explore the City @ this time ? it can vary from minus 30 celcius to plus 10, it's always a gamble each year. between -10 and -5 is your best bet. Same goes for snow but the City usually clears downtown streets and sidewalks pretty fast. So yes, you can explore the city, and there's a large underground network (walk or subway)

Question 4:

Are there some good Sportsbars to watch Awaygames from the Habs and the Superbowl ? plenty, La Cage aux Sports is the first that comes to mind. Other forum members know probably more than I do about this though

Question 5:

Which good Hotel with min. *** is near the Bell Centre? it of course depends on your budget but there's the Marriott Château Champlain right next to the Bell Centre

1- I would try Ebay before any other site, you can at times find great deals!

2- You can take pictures, as far as videos, I have never tried.

3-It is really a toss up for the snow, we can either have clear streets or have a little snow, nothing too drastatic at the beginning of Feb., unless mother nature decides otherwise. It starst to warm up a little at that time also.

4- La Cage au Sports, Normands, Champs are my favourites.

5- Mariott, Sheraton, The Queen Elizabeth is great, and for budget purposes, Canlites Suites

looking forward to the responses , my friend and I are coming to Montreal in december , staying right downtown , looking forward to some good Night Life as well , good food , I've been told about a place called " Baton Rouge " I believe is the name that apparently has some Ribs that are supposed to be fantastic , also would love to know where to go for great wings :)

1 - Definitely check eBay. For some games you might be able to buy from scalpers outside the bell centre, and the prices wouldn't even be that bad. Also, if you're buying for all those games, maybe send messages to the sellers on eBay and ask them if they have all of them and if they would do a package deal.

2 - Cameras should be fine. I remember on Nov. 22nd during the jersey retirement ceremony all I saw were cameras going off with flashes everywhere.

3 - Bring a scarf. But it is beautiful in the winter, consider walking up mount royal, going to beaver lake, or taking the train/bus to go out to the suburbs to a place where you can walk along the lake.

4 - The Cage aux Sports inside the Bell Centre is always a rocking place to watch a game, but there may be a lineup outside if you don't get there fast.

5 - You might want to consider a hotel that's away from the Bell Centre, the metro system makes it very easy to get there and you could save yourself a lot of money if you're in town for a while!

Hello Guys,

thanks a lot for you Information.

Can i watch the Habs Away Games in the Sportsbar @ Bell Centre ?

Sure... it's a Cage aux Sports, the menu is allright tho, nothing spectacular.

looking forward to the responses , my friend and I are coming to Montreal in december , staying right downtown , looking forward to some good Night Life as well , good food , I've been told about a place called " Baton Rouge " I believe is the name that apparently has some Ribs that are supposed to be fantastic , also would love to know where to go for great wings :)

Yeah Baton Rouge is great, theres one right next to the bell center, their chicken is very good too, theres a Chicken & Ribs plate, you should try it.

Hej Guys,

do you think it is allowed to take pictures with this Digicam ?

Sony-H10.jpg}

Last Year i was in London for the NHL Seasonopener.

It was not allowed to use a professional Digicam. But what do

you think about this Digicam ?

Greetings from Germany

Monty

No problem at all, I have the same (actually a bit more powerful). What they dont allow is detachable flashes and zooms.

Hello ColRouléBleu,

thanks for your Answer.

This Digicam has 10 X optical Zoom.

What kind of Digicam do you have ?

Last Year in London i had a Panasonic FZ 18 with 18 X Optical Zoom

an they said that this was a professional Cam.

panasonic-fz18.jpg

I think, if they dont see the 10 X Zoom sign on the cam it is no problem with the

Sony. Or what do you think.

Will you be @ a Canadiens Homepage @ the end of January / Begin of February ?

I will be there on January 31 against the Kings, on February 1st against the Bruins,

February 3rd against the Pens and on February 7th against the Leafs.

Greetings from Germany

Monty

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

now i booked my tickets, my hotel and my flight.

I will be there for 4 Homegames from January 30th to February 8th

Then i will fly to New York.

Can anybody give me some Tipps.

Sightseeing-Tipps in Montreal !

Cool places to be... (Sportsbars, Restaurants, Shopping Malls etc.....)

Is it possible to be visitor at a Habs Training ?

Is it possible to make Pictures of/with the Players outside the arena or take a autograph ?

Are there other Habs Fanshops or only the new Habs Zone?

It would be great if anybody can give me some tipps.

Thanks

greetings from Germany

and a happy new Year.

Monty

Hello,

now i booked my tickets, my hotel and my flight.

I will be there for 4 Homegames from January 30th to February 8th

Then i will fly to New York.

Can anybody give me some Tipps.

Sightseeing-Tipps in Montreal !

Cool places to be... (Sportsbars, Restaurants, Shopping Malls etc.....)

you should go to the old fourm Corner atwater/St catherine nothing to great inside they put the hockey hall of fame in a mall and a mall in the hockey hall of fame. If you have never had a real smoke meat sandwich go to Schwart"s st laurent/pine, their are lots of very good restaurant in that area.

Is it possible to be visitor at a Habs Training ?

Is it possible to make Pictures of/with the Players outside the arena or take a autograph ?

After the games of after the moorning skatev but just check the autograph thread

Are there other Habs Fanshops or only the new Habs Zone?

It would be great if anybody can give me some tipps.

Thanks

greetings from Germany

and a happy new Year.

Monty

Happy new year

Archived