The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Buffalo @ Montreal: November 29th, 2008: 7:00 Pm

KRod

Following a pretty much embarrassing "effort" by our Habs last night, the stage is set for the division rival Buffalo Sabres to come to town.

Both teams have been struggling with consistency after a strong October start. The Sabres are coming off two wins against very strong rival teams. Tonight should be a good game if both teams play their best hockey. I'm looking forward to it.

I suppose the inconsistency could work for the Habs tonight, if they decide to bounce back from last night's shutout.

carey-price-montreal-canadiens-nc-thumb.jpg

vs.

ryan-miller-392.jpg

As for me, a Canadiens fan living in Sabre country, I will be sporting my Carey Price jersey shirt all day.

GO HABS, GO!

Mornin' Sunshine.

How was your birthday celebrations?

I hope you got everything you wished for.

I never got my picture, but that's another story.

IMO, Montreal didn't play badly last night, despite the final score.

We may not have outshot Washington, but we outchanced them IMO, and Theodore faced more tough shots than Halak. Hell, even Ovechkin's goal was not a legitimate scoring chance by NHL stats standards. It just went in.

Buffalo, on the other hand, has had its ups and downs lately, and may be ripe for the picking.

Let's hope.

GO HABS GO

it will be really interesting to see the lines tonight, will Carbo calm down after last night and stay put, or play D'Agostini and sit one of the regular?

I think a line of Andrei with Koivu and Latendresse could be interesting but who knows what goes trough the head of Carbonneau these days

Wasn't it at the start of last year (or maybe 2 years ago) that we were always wondering, who will step up, who will be the leader that the rest of the team will follow to victory?

So who will lead us tonight?

I say we win 4-2

I cant watch tonights game, which sucks...unless they put the level of effort out that they did last night....

very frustrating team to watch right now...the top two lines are generating 0 chances....the worst part is it looks like they are not putting effort in...

lets hope the effort is still there and they just havent been getting the bounces....or else we're in trouble!

Please put Dags on the top line instead of Tom...I love Tom but he is not that type of player...

Some of you may be happy about this...From habsinsideout.com

Look for Matt D'Agostini to be in the lineup tonight vs. Buffalo, getting plenty of ice time on a line with Koivu and Higgins. Dandenault moves back to the blue line to take O'Byrne's place. Tanguay and Laraque remain out. Price will be in goal.

Some of you may be happy about this...From habsinsideout.com

Look for Matt D'Agostini to be in the lineup tonight vs. Buffalo, getting plenty of ice time on a line with Koivu and Higgins. Dandenault moves back to the blue line to take O'Byrne's place. Tanguay and Laraque remain out. Price will be in goal.

I think OB could have played. Bouillon was far worse then OB against the Caps. IMO.

It is good that D'Agostini will be on the Koivu line. TK is a very hard worker and very good at PK but lacks scoring touch for his entire career.

Dandenault should be okay on D.

OB is IMO not playing because the home fans would boo OB. Wait until Tuesday when OB will be booed less after watching Brisebois / Bouillon / Dandenault make mistake after mistake.

Is OB eligible for AHL without clearing waivers?

If Carbo does not play OB because of booing then maybe with 7 game home stand OB has to be sent to AHL as we cannot magically assume that Brisebois, Bouillon, and Dandenault are the solution. They are actually bigger problem then OB. They are not getting better with age. They are getting worse with age and all three are UFA.

Great move taking out O'Byrne, this kid is making too many mistakes at very critical moments. He had several turnovers last night.

This club is still slumping in my opinion, and the only salvation we had last year was our power play. But this year our powerplay is horrible, so I am not sure what or who is going to break us out of this.

well... i'm glad to see D'Agostini in, I was expecting some more changes but I guess Carbonneau can't change all 4 lines again. I'm surprised to see O'Byrne out, maybe he wanted to protect him from the crowd, but I don't think they would have been on his back, altought their patience may be short right now.

D'agostini aint a savior, I think Koivu will miss Tanguay, but I hope he does well, I even think he will get a goal, Andrei 2 and an empty netter from Markov!

as for the question about waivers from fansince1975, O'Byrne has to go trough waivers because he has a one way contract

Archived