at the Bell Centre
yulra_phototour06.jpg

STARTING GOALTENDERS

Johan Hedberg unconfirmed
johan-hedburg-3-110306.jpg
4-3-1, .880 SV% (43rd), 3.88 GAA (47th)

Carey Price
Price.jpg
11-4-3, .923 SV% (12th), 2.32 GAA (14th)

SCORING LEADERS

ATLANTA----------------------MONTREAL
V. Kozlov (12)------Goals-------A. Tanguay (8)
T. White (14)-------Assist------A. Markov (14)
3 tied (21)--------Points------S. Koivu (19)
2 tied (+6)---------+/---------S. Koivu (+9)
E. Boulton (47)---------PIM--------T. Kostopolous (35)

INJURIES
Atlanta – Kari Lehtonen (G), Zach Bogosian (D)
Montreal – Alex Tanguay (LW), Georges Laraque (RW), Mike Komisarek (D)

GO HABS GO!
Keep the Home fires burning strong!

All stats/standings should be accurate prior to Monday night’s games.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Montreal Canadiens

Head coach Guy Carbonneau will make a decision on forwards Alex Tanguay (neck) and Georges Laraque (groin) after Tuesday's morning skate, but said he'd be surprised if both weren't ready based on their full participation in practice on Monday.

Carey Price will start in net against the Thrashers on Tuesday. - TSN

Let's go Habs. Let us start to put back to back games together with some effort. I have a feeling that we will cruise to a victory and that Kovy will finally break through and pot a couple of goals in this game. Solid effort on the d end and I did like seeing Matt up front with Dandy on the backend on Saturday. Heres to a good game. I think O'byrne found his place on the team Saturday night too.

Let's see if we can string two consecutive games together in which we turn in a solid effort, more or less, through 60 minutes, and keep the Atom Hockey League breakouts to a minimum. Power play absolutely HAS to get going, though: players have to move their feet to create the shooting lanes for AK46 or open up scoring chances down low. No more stationary passes.

Everytime I predict a score we end up losing so no more pregame score predictions for me. Atlanta is one of those bottomfeeders that always seems to give us trouble. It's usually a close game with them often ending with us losing in the shootout. Thrashers are all about offensive chances so I'd like to see us utilizing the trap system like we played in Detroit. This will frustrate them and cause them to make risky plays creating rushes for us. Instill a good defensive system tomorrow, take our chances when we get safe ones and be patient with it. If they can do that I don't see any problem with us picking up 2 points. GO HABS GO!

arent they in the east?

and i predict a 4-1 win :D

go habss go

Ach! :o Yeah, you're right. I stand corrected. I can't believe I missed that. I was actually using an old draft I had been using in hopes I could have gotten next week's Calgary game. That's probably how it happened. Glad that's the only glaring mistake so far.

I just realized that TSN is showing the game tomorrow, which has me absolutely stoked. I haven't been able to really enjoy a game in over well over a week so I'll take this as a little payback. :D :D

Of course, given I'm off work for the week, the day will likely draaaaaaaaggggggggg .... :(

Should be a good game and I think one the Team can go into with a lot of confidence. It's been too long since they've strung 2 Ws together so they're long overdue. A solid game, with hunger along the boards and some tight D to back up the netminding, should go a long way towards victory. It would be great to see a couple of successful Power Plays (as opposed to 'passing practice') and some stats spread around the hungry ones (i.e. Kovy, younger Kosts).

That said, the Habs often underperform against opponents that show so much poorer in the stats and standings. I hope that's not a factor tomorrow night.

GO HABS GO!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Head coach Guy Carbonneau will make a decision on forwards Alex Tanguay (neck) and Georges Laraque (groin) after Tuesday's morning skate, but said he'd be surprised if both weren't ready based on their full participation in practice on Monday.

Carey Price will start in net against the Thrashers on Tuesday. - TSN

and also, from TSN:

Notes: - Carey Price will start in goal against Atlanta. . . Kostopoulos missed practice with flu-like symptoms but is expected to be ready for the game. . . Mathieu Dandenault is likely to play on defence for a second game in place of Ryan O'Byrne, who was a healthy scratch against Buffalo. . . Tanguay skated and should be ready to play. . . Carbonneau said he will ask injured defenceman Mike Komisarek to work behind the bench for a second straight game. Assistant coach Doug Jarvis is back home in Brantford, Ont., where his father is reported to be very ill.

Let's see if we can string two consecutive games together in which we turn in a solid effort, more or less, through 60 minutes, and keep the Atom Hockey League breakouts to a minimum. Power play absolutely HAS to get going, though: players have to move their feet to create the shooting lanes for AK46 or open up scoring chances down low. No more stationary passes.

starting the 3rd month of the season now and we are still waiting for the PP to come alive.... like Guy said today its concerning

Archived