The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens

Tessin

I'm sure he knows that;he just has this notion/superstition that if he predicts a foolish outcome we have a better chance of winning. ;) Surely you've noticed by now that he predicts a huge loss for every game?....Kind of like Eklund in that if you make enough silly predictions,eventually you'll get one right! :lol::rolleyes: ...Sorry miniko,I didn't mean to expose your plan. :D

I was going to post this CD but I didn't want to blow his cover :lol:

Here's the deal... Devils are alot smarter defensively than us, however, they can't match speed with us so the trick will be to get some early offense. When the Devils have an offensive deficit to climb, they're usually going to lose because of their sit back trap style. Thats how we played them last year, mirror their trap and get into their zone safely when possible to score. They never know what to do when teams play them like that. BUT, if we can crack their defense and forecheck on them like we did against the Rangers than by all means do it but the Dmen will have to very extremely picky about when and where they pinch in on the forecheck. Don't get caught on odd man rushes against them because they are very opportunistic on those.

GO HABS GO!!

I'm sure he knows that;he just has this notion/superstition that if he predicts a foolish outcome we have a better chance of winning. ;) Surely you've noticed by now that he predicts a huge loss for every game?....Kind of like Eklund in that if you make enough silly predictions,eventually you'll get one right! :lol::rolleyes: ...Sorry miniko,I didn't mean to expose your plan. :D

how silly of me. i was unaware :lol:

yep

the devils of this year without brodeur are a bit scarier than the devils of the second part of last season with brodeur. they stopped just relying on their goalie and decided to play. this being said, i agree that when the habs are turning the switch at 'on' like they did last night, they can beat anybody.

i have not quite come back from the excitement of last night's game. some plays were close to works of art :)

some fine tic-tac-toe plays... then there's ak's falling down, backhand, topshelf magic trick shot. i'd like to see him try that again. really. i would.

I would not be shocked if Halak gets the start. No Price versus Brodeur battle to get Price extra pumped up for the game. Hence it might be right time to use Halak. Halak lost 1-2 to the Flyers a few weeks ago. It looks like Montreal is starting to score and the team defence appears to be far better then it was 3 weeks ago.

3 - 0 win for Montreal. Halak or Price with the shutout.

All we have to do is score the first goal and it's game over. Especially if we score in like the first minute or two of the first period. Then we can just sit back and protect our lead by taking penalties for the next 58 minutes. Devils don't stand a chance against such a strategy, because they won't expect it. Works every time. :P

Any word on the line-up, who's in nets? I'd say that Carbo will stand pat from Thursday's game but I'm not too sure who tends goal. Here's to another great energy game for the boys. I'll predict that we'll boldly go where we haven't been in a long time - we'll pop two on the PP this evening. :D

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Archived