The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens

Tessin

The one concern is that even though Jersey only had 6 shots, they had 3-4 really good scoring chances. We have got to bury our chances, especially those open nets (Higgins and Kovalev, I'm looking at you!). And for the love of God, they need to take more shots on the power play, especially the right point man. Enough of the endless passing with stationary players, it doesn't develop a set play at all.

Well, nice to have a lead after 1 period. That's 20 minutes down and 40 left to go. We've got the edge on them when leading after the first, so that's a plus.

I like the sounds of the game. Sounds like the Devils' chances are being limited and we're not spending too much time in our own zone. That will go a long way to putting the nail in this one.

NJ has some sneaky scorers, though, so this one is still wide open. A 1-goal game isn't much, I'll gladly take a few insurance markers. Kovi is so overdue but so is a lot of the Team.

Keep it up in the latter 2 frames, Team, and this one is yours. GO HABS GO!

It could easily be 3-0 Montreal right now. Yes, we need to rebuild the PP, but what we really need is a big shot from the point. Someone to get it through and get it on to the net. If we get that, D'Ags may be 30 goal scorer!

Lang has a good shot. We used AK46 on the point for one game, then mysteriously stopped doing it. We have the point shot, we need to refocus and start structuring set plays to open up a point shot. New Jersey has one of the worst PKs in the league and it is a flat-out embarrassment if we can't get the looks we want against them. At some point, effort isn't enough. The goals have to start coming.

Our power play needs to be broken down and rebuilt. We stand still, we don't move our feet, we don't shoot the puck, and when we do get chances, we miss open nets.

I've noticed that too. It's almost like the performance of our power play has actually diminished compared to recent years.

I've noticed that too. It's almost like the performance of our power play has actually diminished compared to recent years.

We used to be masters at rotating the box to get the looks we wanted. Now, since we never move our feet, all that passing does absolutely squat to create a scoring chance.

The one concern is that even though Jersey only had 6 shots, they had 3-4 really good scoring chances. We have got to bury our chances, especially those open nets (Higgins and Kovalev, I'm looking at you!). And for the love of God, they need to take more shots on the power play, especially the right point man. Enough of the endless passing with stationary players, it doesn't develop a set play at all.

Bad shooting on the PP leads to clearing the puck which leads to a lost 25 seconds of PP time for not much.

Archived