The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Graduating This Week From University Of Michigan-flint

I know this is not hockey or sports related, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm graduating from the University of Michigan-Flint this week, with a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communications-Graphic Design.

I have already taken my last final exam, and cannot wait for commencement exercises.

The two things I will cherish more than anything else are my Student Silver ADDY Award I won last winter, and getting UM-Flint into a national championship event of any kind when the Golf Club I started qualified for the Collegiate Golf Alliance's national championship tournament in Las Vegas Nov. 8-9. We stayed out there four days, and had a great time. We also gave the university something to get excited about for the first time on the national stage. And the great thing is that the club will be continuing to function, and hopefully more students will be able to participate both locally and nationally. Our contract with the CGA requires us to send someone from UM-Flint and host our own qualifier. We can send up to three 2-person teams in the student division, and we can also create a faculty/staff and alumni/community division.

Because of the policy here about promoting websites, I wish I could give the link to the CGA, but can't.

Congratulations! I remember your excitement when you got in, glad to hear it all worked out for you.

Because of the policy here about promoting websites, I wish I could give the link to the CGA, but can't.

We don't want "spam" posts: using this board as a method of free advertising. I don't really think you'd be doing that: feel free to post the link.

Archived