The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sundin Signs With Vancouver!

pitbull12

Guest olddude
Oh man Ive never wanted my old Mod Job back as much as right now as I would LOVE to lock the "sundin undecided" thread in the habs hotstove lounge!! :P

Way to hold out for your princ....err - money...Mats.

Can't you try? Please ;)

Yes, at last it's over. I don't know how Sundin will like playing in the west, the games are a lot more physical. But then again, even injured pay day will be nice.

I heard on TSN that the lowest offer made to Sundin by any the teams in the running was $7.5 Million dollars. Holy hell, that means the habs were willing to throw at least that much money his way. I didn't realize they were that serious.

According to CBC, Gainey had been willing to offer between six to eight million prior to our acquisition of Lang. They also stated that Gainey bowed out of the bidding war, thus it appears Sundin was no longer wanted here. I only hope Gainey does not decide to merely sit with our current roster.

Meh, he'll be on his second groin pull by that point, MMW.

I know it's not nice to say or think that, but I agree , hope he pulls a groin .

Him signing with Vancouver is such a shock . :rolleyes:

I mean here's a player who signed with the team that offerred him the most amount of money . ;)

In this day and age how many players do that

I know it's not nice to say or think that, but I agree , hope he pulls a groin .

Well I dont actually HOPE he pulls a groin - I just think he will. He is such a spirited player, I cant imagine him joining a team mid-season and not playing hard than his body is ready for. I would almost be surprised to see him NOT get injured in the months of Jan/Feb.

Him signing with Vancouver is such a shock . :rolleyes:

I mean here's a player who signed with the team that offerred him the most amount of money . ;)

In this day and age how many players do that

lol, well i know you're being facetious but the fact remains he did talk a lot about "wanting a chance" and with both San Jose AND Detroit in that conference, i cant imagine a worse "chance" to win a cup among the teams he looked at. Heck, even chicago could have a chance to make it to the finals - Vancouver will be lucky to make it past the second round.

So much for his agent saying "this isnt about money"

lol, well i know you're being facetious but the fact remains he did talk a lot about "wanting a chance" and with both San Jose AND Detroit in that conference, i cant imagine a worse "chance" to win a cup among the teams he looked at. Heck, even chicago could have a chance to make it to the finals - Vancouver will be lucky to make it past the second round.

So much for his agent saying "this isnt about money"

Exactly

He talked about not wanting to be rental, about wanting to be with a Team from the start yadda yadda yadda

He then takes six months ( july to Dec ) to decide to play with the Team that anted up the most cash .

At least hockey took less money right from the start and jumped to the Team he though had the best chance at a Cup not wait forever .

Archived