The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Pacioretty, Chipchura Called Up From Bulldogs,what Do You Think?

Larry-Robinson

Heres more from Habsinsideout-

"Max Pacioretty and Kyle Chipchura have been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs and will join the team for their morning skate in preparation for Saturday night's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The recalls give the Canadiens 24 bodies _ one over the NHL limit _ but it's expected that winger Georges Laraque will be placed on the injured reserve list. Laraque accompanied the team to Pittsburgh but his recurring groin problem prevented him from working out in Brossard yesterday morning and he didn't join the team for a high-energy on-ice workout at a suburban rink this afternoon.

Chipchura will likely replace Ben Maxwell on the fourth line tonight while Pacioretty is insurance in case Andrei Kostitsyn can't go. He practiced on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Alex Kovalev yesterday but coach Guy Carbonneau said he would wait until tomorrow to decide whether to play the elder Kostitsyn.

Saku Koivu did not make the trip and is unlikely to play before the Canadiens return home in the new year"

Laraque out again with a groin injury?!!!!! :angry:

I do think a trade is brewing (because habs fans are never happy with the team and we do need a 4th D-man) but i don't think this specific event means it is happening now. they are injury backups.... purely coincidence.

by the way i hope to see Patcioretty play..i really like the kid.

Chipchura probably fills in for Maxwell, they prefereed Chips during the time of the call-up since the role being filled is a defensive one but he was hurt.

Pacioretty will probably see only a handful of minutes if he does indeed play, and Sergei will go on the 1st line.

Don't look too much into it, Koivu isn't playing either so it accounts for the extra body. Once Saku returns Max should be returned to Hamilton.

I am going to say it, Laraque was absolutely worthless throw away of 1.5m. I mean nothing against the man and I wish no ill will however he has been useless. On a positive note, it is about bloody time Chips gets to crack the roster. Now make yourself a hell of a case Chips so the CH never is taken away. ;)

Odd. Chips hasn't played with the dogs in a few games due to injury.

Pacioretty hasn't played great either.

I second that Chris - Chipchura definitely was worthy of a call-up after the way he played but you think they would give him a game or two after his injury - Pacioretty, good but not ready for the NHL IMO.

Pacioretty's play has been trending upwards in the AHL at a statistically significant pace.

Whether or not he's "NHL ready" is irrelevant as he's only playing a few games at most. AHL players usually give 110% anyway - which they can keep up for a few games. Look at how well D'Agostini started. Ben Maxwell didn't score but he hustled, played well and got many chances, and had a flat +/- in his 4 games here.

At most he'll get 1 or 2 games, he'll probably have a neutral impact and it will benefit his development.

At some point they should consider calling up Lehoux and Glumac. They have played very well, perhaps since they were not drafted here they're not in the teams plans. But it's the right motivational policy to call up the best players.

Chips is the most ready player in Hamilton for the NHL based his age, experience, and previous NHL games. More offensive skill then he is given credit for. Definitely good defensively. I hope Chips keeps his spot in Montreal but with a 23 man roster injuries and possible trades will determine whether a roster spot is available. Certainly appears to be a lot of roster spots available next season with 10 UFA players on the roster.

Patches. A few games in Montreal. Even in the press box will give the player a chance to experience the NHL lifestyle. With his good shot and good speed his game might be better in the NHL then in the AHL. Not like Patches gets to play with Tanguay, Pleks, Kovalev, Koivu, or Lang in the AHL. Patches will be returned to Hamilton even if he does well. But the few games might show his skill and Patches will be more prepared for the NHL next season with the few games under his belt.

I am going to say it, Laraque was absolutely worthless throw away of 1.5m. I mean nothing against the man and I wish no ill will however he has been useless. On a positive note, it is about bloody time Chips gets to crack the roster. Now make yourself a hell of a case Chips so the CH never is taken away. ;)
.....I believe you are mistaken about GL...even if he stays out for 2 months we'll need him in the play-offs...do you forget what happened to us last year against Philly?>we weren't tough enough and we got bullied..regular season aside the play-offs are when you'll be happy George will be there to protect the likes of Pleks and Saku and AK 27 and 47 and Higgins and Markov and SK and and and and

ok ok AK 46

Archived