Weber, 1 goal and 1 assist

Greg Stewart, 1 assist

Max Pacioretty, 1 goal

David Desharnais, 1 goal

Shawn Belle, 1 assist

Olivier Latendresse, 1 assist

1. RCH Stewart, (6) (Henry, Brine), 1:29

1. RCH McArdle, (6) (Brine), 4:39

1. RCH Stewart, (7) (Sprukts), 11:28 (SH)

2. HAM Desharnais, (10) , 1:02

2. HAM Pacioretty, (4) (Weber, Stewart), 18:43

3. HAM Weber, (8) (Belle, Latendresse), 14:36 (PP)

38 Denis, Marc 3 65:00 27 24 0

Taking my son to the game tonight, hope it's a good one!

Well the first period was one of the worst periods ever played at Copps - thankfully the second, third and the rest were much MUCH better and it was a great finish. I'm not sure we deserved the win but I'll take it. Pacioretty had a nice goal but I wasn't overly impressed with him overall. Denis was a bit shaky but not really to blame for (at least 2 of) the goals - the team really hung him out to dry on some - he was great later. Great goals by Lehoux and Glumac in the shootout. Their goalie, MIKE Brodeur impressed me - he was pretty cool in the face of 43 shots! Our powerplay really needs work! Weber was the best Dog out there IMO and Chipper looked good. Not sure why Stewart fought two seconds into the game and not sure why got 5 and a game for a clean check!

Denis was hilarious in the shootout. He talked to every shooter after the save...and on the 3rd shooter (I think), when he made the save...he looked at him and wiped the front of his jersey, like he was wiping dirt off it *L*

And, the 1 guy who did score on him...Marc tapped his stick on the ice like he was applauding a good shot.

Just wondering, but is Beauregard up with Hamilton, or was he sent back down?

No, he was here yesterday but was a last minute scratch - his name was pencilled in for the game but then crossed out.

Denis was hilarious in the shootout. He talked to every shooter after the save...and on the 3rd shooter (I think), when he made the save...he looked at him and wiped the front of his jersey, like he was wiping dirt off it *L*

And, the 1 guy who did score on him...Marc tapped his stick on the ice like he was applauding a good shot.

It was the same at the other end with Brodeur, the crowd was really bugging him but when he got scored on he turned to them and shrugged his shoulders like..."what can you do?" and when he saved one he joked back with them - good fun! Great finish to what looked to be an awful game for us!

Mike Brodeur is no relation to Martin-is actually from Calgary Alberta. First goal on Denis was tipped in by Dog Mathieu Carle. Second appeared to be kicked in as Marc argued but to no avail. Third he was hung out to dry when Weber lost the puck on a pp pinch.

Stewart's fight at the two second mark was just reknewing aquaintences with Glass from earlier in the weekend (round 2). I couldn't believe that referee Koharski changed Stewart's two minute penalty to 5 and a game after his initial call. It was unfortunate Duco seemed to hit the stanchion at the end of the players bench and I think the whining by the Rochester management swayed things.

The Rochester Amerks are actually owned by a Hamilton Area Businessman Curt Styres (from Ohsweken Ontario) who is one of the owners of Grand River Enterprises, a very successful native run cigarette factory on the Six Nations Reserve. Any car racing fans might know the Styres name as they also own Ohsweken Speedway and Curt's brother Glenn is a successful sprint car driver.

Archived