8-11-1
.916 SV% (15th)
2.82 GAA (29th)

PREVIOUS GAMES IN SEASON SERIES

Oct. 20th, 2008 –Florida 1 @ Montreal 3

610x.jpg

SCORING LEADERS

ATLANTA----------------------MONTREAL
D. Booth (14)------Goals-------R. Lang (11)
S. Weiss (14)-------Assist------A. Markov (21)
S. Weiss (20)--------Points------A. Kovalev (27)
S. Weiss (+11)---------+/---------J. Gorges (+17)
N. Boynton (50)---------PIM--------T. Kostopolous (41)

INJURIES

Atlanta
Cory Murphy, D (Shoulder)
Rostislav Olesz, LW (Groin)
Bryan Allen, D (Knee)
Jassen Cullimore, D (Hand/wrist)

Montreal
Saku Koivu, C (Foot/ankle)
Mathieu Dandenault, RW (Arm)
Christopher Higgins, LW (Shoulder)
Georges Laraque, RW - Groin

GO HABS GO!!!

ALLONS-Y LES HABITANTS!!!

All stats/standings should be accurate prior to Sunday’s games.

Panties are a terrible team, but I hope we'll actually put an effort into this game so we're guaranteed 2points.

"Panties"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, Florida isn't necessarily an elite NHL team but the Canadiens have a tendency to play down to the levels of their opponents. Hopefully tomorrow won't be the case; the Panthers are one of the few, maybe the only, teams in the league Montreal doesn't have a winning record against. A big "W" would go well towards getting that statistical anomaly fixed up.

Speaking of anomalies, I just noticed the SubTitle for the Thread reads "Game #25." It should read "Game #35".

Panties are a terrible team, but I hope we'll actually put an effort into this game so we're guaranteed 2points.

They have to! I have to improve my winning record to 7-0-0 when attending games :D

Does McCabe play? if he scores in his own net or assists Komisarek on a goal, I'll throw him panties :lol:

I find it strange but the Habs lifetime record against the Panthers is not very good. It is quite rare for Montreal to have a losing lifetime record against another team.

Florida has two good goalies. Montreal has two good goalies.

4-1 win for Montreal

I think it will be interesting to see which goalies get the start. It is important to get 4 points in Florida as Boston just keeps on winning. The Devils will be a tough game to end the road trip against. I would be very happy if Montreal got 6 out of 8 points on the road trip. Happier with 8 points but there is no good reason Montreal should not beat both of the pathetic Florida teams. We need the points to get a higher playoff ranking. They need less points so they can try to win the draft lottery. :D

well they practiced today and they will skate in the morning so hopefully they will be out of the fog they were in last night.

we have the devils on fridaynight so we need these 4pts in florida, but im sure we will make it difficult <_<

I'm hoping one of either 2 things happen:

a- Andrei K is still so stoked about his hat-trick that he continues his scoring ways

or

b- the rest of the Team decide they want in on the fun and put up big numbers of their own

All in all, as always: a good 60-minute effort will seal the deal. Not 59 minutes. 60 and no less! (unless it's extra time, then dig deep to get the 2nd point)

GO HABS GO!

Used to live in Montreal, made the move down to Florida for college. I gotta say, it is French Canada everytime Montreal comes down to play. Last time they came this December, it was announced on the overhead that this was the largest attendance they've ever had for a Panthers game. I showed up late to the game, and the place was going nuts, and I naturally thought the Panthers had scored. Instead we were already up 3 goals. The place was almost all Montreal fans, and I'm glad I picked up french, got to catch up on old times, ask around if Schwartzs was still open, and about cote-st.-luc. It's basically a home game for Montreal without the goal music. A there's nothing like chanting Ole Ole with a bunch of drunk Canadiens fans after the game, reminded me of home. Got my red seats, and beer money ready to go.

Go Habs Go

Archived