vs.

Scott Clemmensen
unconfirmed
clemmensen.jpg
13-6-1
.924 SV% (8th)
2.23 GAA (5th)

PREVIOUS GAMES IN SEASON SERIES

Sat. Dec. 6th, 2008 – New Jersey 2 @ Montreal 1 (OT)

SCORING LEADERS

NEW JERSEY----------------------MONTREAL
Z. Parise (21)------Goals-------R. Lang (11)
Z. Parise & P. Elias (23)-Assist------A. Markov (22)
Z. Parise (44)--------Points------A. Kovalev (28)
P. Elias (+12)---------+/---------J. Gorges (+18)
M. Rupp (61)---------PIM--------T. Kostopolous (48)

INJURIES

Montreal
Mathieu Dandenault, RW (Arm)
Christopher Higgins, LW (Shoulder)
Saku Koivu, C (Foot/ankle)
Georges Laraque, RW (Groin)
Alex Tanguay, LW (Undisclosed)

New Jersey
Sheldon Brookbank, D (Undisclosed)
Colin White, D (Upper Body)
Martin Brodeur, G (Elbow)

GO HABS GO!!!

ALLONS-Y LES HABITANTS!!!

All stats/standings should be accurate prior to Thursday’s games.

Has anyone heard about Tanguay and if Pacioretty or Chipchura are comming up?

I haven't heard anything specific about Tanguay but I read on HabsInsideOut that O'Byrne and Maxwell are back in Hamilton, leaving 19 players on the roster. There's hope, I guess, that maybe Koivu will be ready but otherwise Chipchura or Pacioretty will be called up.

I imagine it'll be a call made much closer to gametime.

That's a good move on sending Maxwell down. He needs to develop there and just isn't ready for the NHL, in my opinion. To echo what most are saying these days - the power play needs a major over-haul. It has been the difference in the loss column to date and the coaching staff must identify that and quit going with the same old, same old in the hopes of it breaking out some how, some way.

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To echo what most are saying these days - the power play needs a major over-haul. It has been the difference in the loss column to date and the coaching staff must identify that and quit going with the same old, same old in the hopes of it breaking out some how, some way.

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

agreed, as i posted in the PP thread, the definition of insanity, is repeating the same thing over and over,

and expecting a different result !! man, it would be scarey to watch this team if the PP was clicking !!!

Alex Tanguay will be out a minimum six weeks with a left shoulder separation suffered from a bodycheck Tuesday in Sunshine, Fla., vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning. He's in a sling this afternoon.

Carey Price will not make the trip to New Jersey this evening. He felt lower-body discomfort during warmup before Tuesday's game vs. Tampa Bay but soldiered on and in fact had a great game, winning in the shootout. He didn't tell head coach Guy Carbonneau before the game that he wasn't 100 per cent. Call-ups : Kyle Chipchura, Max Pacioretty, defenceman Yannick Weber and Marc Denis

Alex Tanguay will be out a minimum six weeks with a left shoulder separation suffered from a bodycheck Tuesday in Sunshine, Fla., vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning. He's in a sling this afternoon.

Carey Price will not make the trip to New Jersey this evening. He felt lower-body discomfort during warmup before Tuesday's game vs. Tampa Bay but soldiered on and in fact had a great game, winning in the shootout. He didn't tell head coach Guy Carbonneau before the game that he wasn't 100 per cent. Call-ups : Kyle Chipchura, Max Pacioretty, defenceman Yannick Weber and Marc Denis

Well that's interesting.

Chipchura should definitely be in the game. We just sent back a center and Lapierre has stepped up offensively.

Lapierre centers the third and Chips centers the fourth. Just as it likely will begin next season.

Would like to see patches put into action immediately. Just can't get that nagging out of my head that he has something to show us. I won't be able to put my mind at ease with him playing in the AHL full time this season until I've seen what he can do in the NHL.

I'd say we sit Bouillon or Brisebois in favor of Weber to see if we can make that adjustment to get the power play clicking.

I don't expect to see Denis play at all. Halak is normally more than sufficient to win a game, it's just a question of whether the rest of the team gives him some offensive support.

I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS GAME!

Sorry for the caps, but I'm excited to see what the team looks like tomorrow night. :P

agreed, as i posted in the PP thread, the definition of insanity, is repeating the same thing over and over,

and expecting a different result !! man, it would be scarey to watch this team if the PP was clicking !!!

Fully agree - it just sets the tempo of the game in an entirely different mindset for both teams. (1) Replay the last two seasons and you could see the comfort-ability the team has in knowing that they can and will bury 65% - 70% of their PP opportunitities, a very confident team they were, and (2), the opposition is and was fully aware of this, hence is the reasons for their adjustments. They're taking away the 'point' and that's all that matters.

I said prior to the Tangs hit that the boards are way too lively in Sunrise. It wasn't so much the hit, unfortunate for Tangs; rather, it was the springy boards that put him out.

According to francois gagnon, Kyle Chipchura is in for tomorrow, Denis will be assistant to Halak, and one of Pacioretty or Weber will make its NHL debut

he offers this POTENTIAL (nothing confirmed) line up

Andrei Kostitsyn – Tomas Plekanec – Alex Kovalev

Sergei Kostitsyn – Robert Lang – Matt d’Agostini

Guillaume Latendresse – Maxim Lapierre – Tom Kostopoulos

Steve Bégin – Kyle Chipchura – Max Pacioretty

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70313974

Guest olddude

I'm looking forward to seeing what the call ups can do when/if they get their chance. As others have said, I liked what I saw from Patches during the pre-season. However, we have a lot of experience and leadership sitting out, I hope the kids are up for it, it wont be an easy game against the Devils.

Should be fun though.

GO HABS GO

I can't wait either, but I'm supposed to go to a party. A party that is likely to have a "happy ending", if you follow. Now, are the Habs more important?

In the post season, yes.

Regular season you can be excused, but you are required to make every effort to keep track of the score and glimpse the highlights and replays whenever possible. If there is a television at the party, that television is to be tuned in to the game and you are obligated to walk by it at least as frequently as you refresh your beverage.

In the post season, yes.

Regular season you can be excused, but you are required to make every effort to keep track of the score and glimpse the highlights and replays whenever possible. If there is a television at the party, that television is to be tuned in to the game and you are obligated to walk by it at least as frequently as you refresh your beverage.

And the "happy-ending" must conclude with a heartfelt "Et le BUUUUUUUUUUUUT"

Archived