The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Calgary Flames

murray1

I started posting here just before the Habs beat the Flames and I got a lot of laughs when I said that we have a good team that I think is borderline elite.

I just wanted to rub some of it in now that we are 5th in the league. Have points in 11 of our last 12 and are coming off of a dominant 5-2 win over the Sharks. :D

You guys haven't done too bad yourselves, I am going to stand by what I said earlier though, the outcome will be different when these two teams play in Feb.

I doubt any of you have watched many of our games(they all start late for you...) but was wondering what you guys think of us as the season has progressed.

I think we are a top line center short of a very dominant team, Iginla and our top line have not been our best line most nights, our 2nd line (Bourque - Langkow - Bertuzzi) and 3rd line (Glencross - Lombardi - Moss) have been much better. I am loving the depth, 6 players with 10 or more goals, 9 players with 20+ points.

I started posting here just before the Habs beat the Flames and I got a lot of laughs when I said that we have a good team that I think is borderline elite.

I just wanted to rub some of it in now that we are 5th in the league. Have points in 11 of our last 12 and are coming off of a dominant 5-2 win over the Sharks. :D

You guys haven't done too bad yourselves, I am going to stand by what I said earlier though, the outcome will be different when these two teams play in Feb.

I doubt any of you have watched many of our games(they all start late for you...) but was wondering what you guys think of us as the season has progressed.

I think we are a top line center short of a very dominant team, Iginla and our top line have not been our best line most nights, our 2nd line (Bourque - Langkow - Bertuzzi) and 3rd line (Glencross - Lombardi - Moss) have been much better. I am loving the depth, 6 players with 10 or more goals, 9 players with 20+ points.

There is an existing Flames thread, but you guys have been getting lucky in a lot of games.

Vancouver is better and Minny is just as good IMO.

There is an existing Flames thread, but you guys have been getting lucky in a lot of games.

Vancouver is better and Minny is just as good IMO.

Oops sorry, didn't notice that before, doesn't look like many people find their way in there...

Vancouver is close, they lack some offense/depth compared to us but played a more structured game.

I don't see how you think Minny is just as good though. They have no scoring. They play the trap to a t though and it keeps them in most games. I don't even think they will make the playoffs personally. Edmonton and Dallas are going to get into playoff positions and Minny and Phoenix will probably miss out.

Archived