The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

My First Home Games! Describe Yours.

chissler

I'm flying out of Halifax tomorrow morning and arriving in Montreal around 9am. I've got tickets to the game tomorrow night against the Leafs and then on Saturday against the Capitals.

I have been a die hard Habs fan all of my life. I scream at the television when we lose and I scream at the ceiling when we win. My father named me after Guy Lafleur, and yes.. my favorite number is 10. I never miss a game on television and I follow the team as much as I possibly can. I've attended several pre-season games that Montreal plays on the east coast and actually got emotional when they hit the ice for the first time.

Tomorrow night will be my first home game at the Bell Centre.

I've been watching videos on YouTube of their intro before the game and I can not even begin to imagine what it is going to be like to take this in live.

I have simply accepted that I'm probably going to shed a few tears when they hit the ice tomorrow night.

Can not wait for this.

What about your first home game? Any details, stories, etc. to share?

I'm flying out of Halifax tomorrow morning and arriving in Montreal around 9am. I've got tickets to the game tomorrow night against the Leafs and then on Saturday against the Capitals.

I have been a die hard Habs fan all of my life. I scream at the television when we lose and I scream at the ceiling when we win. My father named me after Guy Lafleur, and yes.. my favorite number is 10. I never miss a game on television and I follow the team as much as I possibly can. I've attended several pre-season games that Montreal plays on the east coast and actually got emotional when they hit the ice for the first time.

I've been watching videos on YouTube of their intro before the game and I can not even begin to imagine what it is going to be like to take this in live.

I have simply accepted that I'm probably going to shed a few tears when they hit the ice tomorrow night.

Can not wait for this.

You just decribed me.... I made it to my first home game Sunday against the Panthers. Everything seemed smaller than what you see on TV.. I had chills when they came out and during the anthems. The chanting and singing in the stands was incredible. After the Habs scored the first goal and the crowd strarted in with OLAY OLAY OLAY I just sat there and soaked it all in. You will definitly enjoy yourself. It was almost like a religous experience for me..

My 1st game I went to was @ the Forum. vs. the Leafs. 1 word AWSOME!

But the game I remember the most was on Easter weeekend in the spring vs. Boston. I took my family to the game. had box seats just over fromt he RDS booth. I the afternoon I took the tour of the Bell Centre. If you have the time I suggest u take it. You can feel the humm of the pregame.. quite the feeling... I remember during the tour we walked out into the arena section... all i heard was.... whoa.... it is quite a feeling... can feel the energy, pride, ghosts, games of long ago. Can almost hear the crowd. If u can, get into La Cage for supper. The game itself is a spectacle to behold. Music lights, kids, smiles and hope fill the Centre ... As they announce the players... and yours shows up on the ice.... beleive me...chills..... To hear the crowd chant after a goal...OLE OLE... even for ppl who r not fans of the game of hockey are swept up in the spirit. The Boston game I was at Koivu scored the s.o. winner, 20,000 "insane" fans jump, scream, yell, chant OLE OLE OLE

Take it all home with you.

Can not wait for this.

enjoy it to the max! games versus the leafs are the best :lol: when you just enter and see the rink.. it's so huge and nice, it's an incredible feeling.. a million times better than on tv! if you're in the upper bowl, you'll hear lots of ole ole, go habs go and perhaps leafs suck :P just get into it and enjoy the moment.. give us some news!

I was at the Bell Centre for the first time this past April for the UFC event. The centre is definitely something to behold. I never thought of going on a tour of the Bell Centre.

I watched game 4 of the first round of the playoffs last year at La Cage and I'm definitely going to make an effort to have supper there before the game tomorrow night.

Any recommendations on what time I should head down to make sure I get in?

My seats are 10 rows up from the ice in section 123. Can not wait for the Ole chants. They broke out all night at the UFC event and I sat their the whole time imagining what it would be like if it were a Habs game.

try to get there B4 4.30 if u can it fills up fast.. (at la cage)-- u must have your tickets to get in @ that time and have a good look around

the tours r 8$ i think get them a.s.a.p. if u call the B.C. they will iform u of the tour times and stuff....

have a great time... I am sending my youngest daughter & my dad to the game. all paid 4.

You can only imagine how excited i was when a co-worker ,who knew i was a habs fan,offered to give away two tickets to the Dec.16 Habs/Penguins game.( in 2006 )

Now,i had never been to Montreal ,but to give up these two tickets, $178.00 cost of each,section 214,row B,seats 3 & 4 ( club Desjidins),i thought these seats were great,was to tempting to give up.

I called up a buddy of mind,said hey man,wanna drive up to montreal,stay the weekend & catch a game.So we did,cool eh?

Going to montreal for the first time,seeing our habs beat sidney's team at the bell center on this saturday night game,which was televised on cbc,was a great experience.

Let me end on this note,i will always remember how awsome it was when i walked to our section,the first thing i seen was all the banners hanging from the rafters.

Then looking down to the ice surface,and around the empty rink,(this of course was before game time).

practicing down on the ice,shooting pucks at the net,only one out there was Sidney Crosby.

The game was exciting to watch,of course different from watching it live,was so coolllllllllllllll.

Looking forward to coming back to the great city of Montreal,to catch another awesome habs game soon,GO HABS GOOOOOO :D

You will have a blast! I've been a Habs' fan since 1993 and my first games were Patrick Roy night and the game against the Islanders 2 nights later. Although they lost both games it was an amazing, awesome experience and I can't wait to go again! I got there as soon as the doors opened both nights and just sat there taking it all in... Anyway, a game against the Leafs, and seeing Ovechkin live - wow! Let us know how it went when you get back!

Archived